Regal Princess March 31 - April 7 (live???)

texascat

My observations on the medallion program on my first cruise with it.

1.  Opening your door - works most of the time, but not 100%, and of course, I had stuff in both hands when it didn't work. 

2.  Seems to be more work for the bartenders.  I was under the impression they would be able to see your information on their screens and determine if you had a package and it would streamline the process.  Doesn't appear to be the case.  Seems to be more work for the bartenders, and find that most are just asking if you have the package and taking your word for it.

3. Walk past the large public kiosks by the stairs and almost always see someone's information on the screen, presumably they are forgetting to log out when finished with their search or whatever they were doing.  Assume it times out, but appears to not be that quick to do so.

Separate note, have noticed the last couple of years, seems to be having only a couple of tables for 2 in the buffet, and even less tables for 4. 

Overall, good time so far, but to me the medallion thing slows down the process, and is mainly to track your movements and market to you.

I believe the medallion program will be good.  It has some glitches; and they need to tweak it;  so within the next year, everything should be running more smoothly.  When I sailed Caribbean Princess in Feb; the medallions worked very well; getting on and off ship was a breeze, buying gifts and ordering drinks was easy.  Take is easy and enjoy your cruise.  The medallion program is still in the beginning stages.

• Like 1

Another item that made me more frustrated than others is that I prepaid for the medallion net service, got to our cabin and had a letter that stated that we had prepaid and gave instructions on how to access and activate.  Log in to it, and the option to activate the prepaid net was not showing at all.  Had to wait until the manager showed up at 5pm and waited in line for 30 minutes to speak to him.  He had me log in, select the elite free minute plan, then did something to update my plan to the unlimited.  He said it was an issue they were working on.

Not sure if others on the cruise had the same issue or not.

54 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Another item that made me more frustrated than others is that I prepaid for the medallion net service, got to our cabin and had a letter that stated that we had prepaid and gave instructions on how to access and activate.  Log in to it, and the option to activate the prepaid net was not showing at all.  Had to wait until the manager showed up at 5pm and waited in line for 30 minutes to speak to him.  He had me log in, select the elite free minute plan, then did something to update my plan to the unlimited.  He said it was an issue they were working on.

Not sure if others on the cruise had the same issue or not.

They were having same issues on Caribbean Princess last month.  People pre-paid and could not log on or set up unlimited. The line at it desk was long

It was very frustrating since i had prepaid and still had to get in a line and wait.  They didn't open the Internet Cafe till 5pm, and I went down about 5:05 and there were 20 people waiting and only the manager helping people.

They had two other folks come over to help to speed things up, but all they could do was help people get online who needed general assistance, they couldn't solve any technical issues.  They need to fix that.

19 hours ago, MoyCoy said:

What was the spa special?

I did the Welcome Onboard Relaxation

The Ultimate Indulgence

Full body dry skin exfoliation

full body well being massage

deep tissue back, neck, and shoulder massage

Eye and Neck collagen booster treatment

soothing scalp massage

foot and ankle massage

75 minutes normal $278 sale $139

• Like 1

cruise is over.  My thoughts

I loved the ship, very nice and absolutely beautiful. The staff was helpful and did a wonderful job.

Food, was good, it was difficult for me to find something I liked all the time. On a cruise, I love Eggs Benedict. but never saw it on the menu for breakfast.  When I went one day to the restaurant for lunch, found the eggs Benedict.  strange location!

Activities, I think it was a extreamly quite ship. Very relaxing.  I saw movies on a ship for the first time.

For me, I'm looking forward to my October Norwegian Bliss cruise.

• Like 1

Oh yes, I almost forgot to mention my thoughts on the Medallion.  I pre-registered for the cruise and received my Medallion in the mail. 

The ease at the port on embarkation was amazing. From the time my bus arrived at the ship to the time I was checked in and seated for my pizza it took about 15 minutes!  It was amazing how when I would walk down the hall, my door would unlock and be ready for me to open it.  (that was also a little freaky at first.)

Also, when at the bar or in a shop, the register reads your Medallion if you are close to the register.  You do not have to actually 'give' your Medallion to the person, they select your profile photo from the display.  (hopefully, you don't look like anyone else)

All told the experience with this new gadget was amazing!  I would give it a 10.

• Like 2

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 11:39 AM, texascat said:

cruise is over.  My thoughts

I loved the ship, very nice and absolutely beautiful. The staff was helpful and did a wonderful job.

Food, was good, it was difficult for me to find something I liked all the time. On a cruise, I love Eggs Benedict. but never saw it on the menu for breakfast.  When I went one day to the restaurant for lunch, found the eggs Benedict.  strange location!

Activities, I think it was a extreamly quite ship. Very relaxing.  I saw movies on a ship for the first time.

For me, I'm looking forward to my October Norwegian Bliss cruise.

I also love eggs benedict and one time I had mentioned this to my husband at breakfast and a waiter overheard me and told me to please order it every day if I wanted, that it wasn't a problem so I have ever since, and it never is a problem.  :)