One month til our cruise on Freedom of the Seas - tips please!!

On 3/22/2019 at 3:54 AM, DISFANS3 said:

9 days left for us. Going on the Freedom also. Tip 1, you pay for the first day, get there early...

We are leaving on March 31.  Usually cruise Princess, this is our first cruise on RCCL.   So many of our friends  love it and we liked the itinerary.   Can’t wait!

16 hours ago, janiss815 said:

Do you know if the jogging track goes completely around?  The deck plan doesn’t show that it does.  I love that we can walk around the ship on the promenade deck.

6.7 laps = a mile. As posted deck 12 and earlier in the morning the better. 

On 3/22/2019 at 4:51 PM, EeyoreRN said:

We are from the NYC Metro area and also watched and waited for months.  We were also considering driving to Philly and even BWI for the nearest non-stop Southwest flight. Southwest was pricey from NYC because there's nothing non-stop, and their model is you pay for both legs.  So it's like paying 2 RT fares.  Frontier flies direct from Philly and maybe Islip?  But their fares come out kind of last minute and ended up not being all that cheap when we analyzed.  They also have limited flights so if there's a problem with yours you can be in trouble. 

We found JetBlue the best combination of price and convenience. We ended up paying about $367 pp RT for non-stop flights from JFK.  Could have paid less if we could have taken a red-eye on the home-bound flight late Sunday or wee hours of Monday but that wasn't an option for us as we have to work Monday.  Hope it works out for you.  Check Sunday between noon and 2pm for new schedule, and good luck!

Thank you so much.  We're in Monmouth County & I haven't ruled out NYC completely, just prefer not to.  Spirit is another option for us, hubby uses them from AC time to time.  I won't fly Frontier, (Trenton) at least not if my dates aren't flexible, my boss uses them and has had several flights cancelled thru the years.

I have the Hopper app and I'm watching 2 flights & it keeps saying to wait.  Probably because the other airlines will add their flights by then.  I'll make sure I check on Sunday's during that time frame though!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/24/2019 at 3:47 PM, Eldaph said:

Thank you so much.  We're in Monmouth County & I haven't ruled out NYC completely, just prefer not to.  Spirit is another option for us, hubby uses them from AC time to time.  I won't fly Frontier, (Trenton) at least not if my dates aren't flexible, my boss uses them and has had several flights cancelled thru the years.

I have the Hopper app and I'm watching 2 flights & it keeps saying to wait.  Probably because the other airlines will add their flights by then.  I'll make sure I check on Sunday's during that time frame though!

Hi there! we live in Essex county and sadly always have to consider other airports as well, as the flights from Newark can be ridiculous most times.

We have flown Frontier many , many times other the years - from ISP, TTN, and PHL...and thankfully have never had cancellations or delays or issues at all. I would just suggest upgrading to bigger seats as their regular  seats can be uncomfortable for a longer flight . 

The other bonus for flying Frontier to San Juan is that they sometimes consider it a "domestic" destination. As such, during domestic only sales,  San Juan will be included. We have flown several times Philly to San Juan direct for $100 per person (non holiday times ofcourse).

17 hours ago, nah31 said:

Hi there! we live in Essex county and sadly always have to consider other airports as well, as the flights from Newark can be ridiculous most times.

We have flown Frontier many , many times other the years - from ISP, TTN, and PHL...and thankfully have never had cancellations or delays or issues at all. I would just suggest upgrading to bigger seats as their regular  seats can be uncomfortable for a longer flight . 

The other bonus for flying Frontier to San Juan is that they sometimes consider it a "domestic" destination. As such, during domestic only sales,  San Juan will be included. We have flown several times Philly to San Juan direct for $100 per person (non holiday times ofcourse).

I ended up booking with Jet Blue for $444 pp non-stop out of Newark.  Once I got the alert from Hopper I went for it.  I am still watching it just to see if it gets much lower.  I was expecting to pay around $400 so knowing my flights are booked and we have decent seats makes me not worry so much.

I'm not a fan of Frontier unless my dates are flexible.  I've dealt with them thru my boss and I wasn't willing to take a chance with them when I have to be on my cruise a certain date.  3 years in a row his Florida flights were cancelled and moved less than a day out which was frustrating.  Just 2 weeks ago the night before the flight they changed it from 6pm to 6am the next day.  If that happened to us on our cruise we would be completely  screwed.

38 minutes ago, Eldaph said:

I ended up booking with Jet Blue for $444 pp non-stop out of Newark.  Once I got the alert from Hopper I went for it.  I am still watching it just to see if it gets much lower.  I was expecting to pay around $400 so knowing my flights are booked and we have decent seats makes me not worry so much.

I'm not a fan of Frontier unless my dates are flexible.  I've dealt with them thru my boss and I wasn't willing to take a chance with them when I have to be on my cruise a certain date.  3 years in a row his Florida flights were cancelled and moved less than a day out which was frustrating.  Just 2 weeks ago the night before the flight they changed it from 6pm to 6am the next day.  If that happened to us on our cruise we would be completely  screwed.

Yeah that's terrible to hear! But 444 rountrip on JB from ewr is excellent! Congrats !

• Like 1

18 hours ago, nah31 said:

Yeah that's terrible to hear! But 444 rountrip on JB from ewr is excellent! Congrats !

Yes, I was perfectly okay with that price.  Like I said, I'm still watching it to see how it all plays out but I like knowing we have good seats and it's DONE. 

• Like 1