Quantum of the Seas Vietnam Cruise

We are looking at this Cruise as part of a trip including India and China. When I looked up the ship it says that these cruises 'have our Chinese guests in mind'  What does this mean. Will announcements be made in various Chinese dialects.  Will the food in the different restaurants change.  Unfortunately there is no further information.  We will not be booking with Royal directly as this cruise is wrapped up with the land tours and flights.  However I am concerned

Thank you to anyone who knows more than I do

When I looked into this I was told by my TA that the cruise is heavily weighted for the Chinese i.e. on the Princess Cruise I was looking at would be 75/80% Chinese and therefore most announcements would be in Manadarin as well as English

His words not mine the "Native Chinese have no idea how to que" but other than that a cruise is a cruise have fun and enjoy

56 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Some of this may depend on when you plan to cruise - there'll be changes after her dry dock in Nov.

Read some Quantum reviews for info on current state of sailings.

Thanks for your reply.  We are hoping to travel in  Feb 2020.  Do you know what the changes will be?

3 minutes ago, kelly kipper said:

Thanks for your reply.  We are hoping to travel in  Feb 2020.  Do you know what the changes will be?

The sailings by then will likely be more like Ovation in that area - would not rely on current reviews. Don’t believe RCI has detailed what will be done during dry dock. 

We did a similar cruise on Ovation last year and loved it. We had about 600 international guests.  Announcements were made in Mandarin and English. The food was a mix of Chinese and international dishes. We have also done a cruise on Quantum out of Shanghai where you could play spot the foreigners. I think there were about 20 of us on board that were not Chinese. There were some noticeable cultural differences and we still had a ball. I am kind of sad that we are not doing a cruise from China/ Hong Kong this year. Instead we are following Quantum to Singapore.

Corinna