New to Norwegian - a few questions

DBBCSE

Not sure if I should post this here or on the Alaska board but I have a few questions about both

Will be on an Alaska cruise in July.  I know I can pre-book the specialty restaurants and shows, but what about the comedy club and the cavern club?  Do I do this in advance or after boarding?

Also, what's the dress code in the specialty restaurants on an Alaskan cruise?  Is it more relaxed than other cruises?  Trying to have to pack as little as possible for the flight so if we don't need anything dressy would be a plus.

Thanks for the help

Welcome! Not sure about the comedy clubs, etc.  think you book when you get onboard but I'm sure someone else will know the answer.

As for dress, NCL has a relaxed dress code - you can dress up or not, up to you. Some restaurants require long pants maybe a collar for men, but otherwise it's very casual. You definitely do not need dressy, if you're not going to any specialty you don't need to dress at all for the main dining rooms. There is one that they say requires pants, no shorts, but even if that's the case there are 2 others that are casual. 

Don't go crazy packing, have a great cruise! Sit back relax and enjoy yourself 🙂 

11 hours ago, worktocruise610 said:

you don't need to dress at all for the main dining rooms.

Unfair edit:  I think the cruise line will probably insist you dress in SOMETHING, even for the MDR!!!!

You can get away with quite casual, I would say.  Some form of long pant and a shirt with buttons (even a polo shirt) will be more that sufficient.