What to do with little kids!! Splendor Mexican Riviera cruise May 11th!!!

SunshinyLees

Hi all, we are cruising on Carnival Splendor May 11-18 with our two little girls who are 4.5 and 6. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do with them in Cabo, Puerto Vallarta and Mazatlan? What are the best excursions in those cities for little kids? Thank you for your help!!!

With kids that age why make an excursion. Better go to the beach or get a daypass in one of the hotels.

Not too far from the cruiseterminal at the La Isla Mall there is nice playground (some with a fee) for the kids.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, slvrdlphn8 said:

Which port is la isla mall? Google is telling me Cancun but that’s not one of the 3 she mentioned (I’m doing the same cruise June 22 with a 4 and 1 yr old)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

La Isla Mall is in Puerto Vallarta. Another good option is head to Los Muertos beach in PV. Great place to spend a few hours playing in the sand and ocean. Lots of beach restaurants with umbrellas and chairs/loungers. If you don’t bring your own sand toys, vendors come by selling them. My kiddos LOVE this area. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JennPVMX said:

La Isla Mall is in Puerto Vallarta. Another good option is head to Los Muertos beach in PV. Great place to spend a few hours playing in the sand and ocean. Lots of beach restaurants with umbrellas and chairs/loungers. If you don’t bring your own sand toys, vendors come by selling them. My kiddos LOVE this area. 

Awesome thanks so much for your advice! Sounds perfect! Do you know if they will serve you food/drinks at the chair/loungers? 

3 hours ago, SunshinyLees said:

Awesome thanks so much for your advice! Sounds perfect! Do you know if they will serve you food/drinks at the chair/loungers? 

Absolutely! Essentially you’re just hanging at one of the beach restaurants, using their facilities, chairs, etc for the price of ordering food/drinks. Our favorite restaurants on that beach are Langastino’s and La Caretta- but truly you can’t go wrong. My favorite way to spend a day (or week!) in PV.  Have a blast!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JennPVMX said:

Absolutely! Essentially you’re just hanging at one of the beach restaurants, using their facilities, chairs, etc for the price of ordering food/drinks. Our favorite restaurants on that beach are Langastino’s and La Caretta- but truly you can’t go wrong. My favorite way to spend a day (or week!) in PV.  Have a blast!!

Will look those restaurants up, can’t wait for a margarita !! Thanks again I appreciate it!!:)

Edited by SunshinyLees

When we went to Cabo with our 3 and 7 year old, we tendered to shore then found a glass bottom boat that took us to land's end then dropped us off at Medano Beach.  We found one of the bars by the beach that gave us free lounge chairs as long as we made a purchase.  The waiter even offered our kids some sand toys.  It can be a little loud with the music but my kids enjoyed themselves.  I would point out the obvious that it is louder and the adults are consuming alcohol, we don't really drink but we still had a blast.  One of the bars had a contest where a husband and wife had to run into the water change bottoms and run back up.  The winner got a free shot, our kids were laughing uncontrollably.  

DSC01062.JPG

• Like 1

Hi, we are a family of 8 adults and 5 little ones, 5yrs and younger.   We are going on the same cruise in June.   In Puerto Vallarta, we are going on the Pirate Cruise.   I read great reviews that they were really good with kids.   In Cabo and Mazatlan, we are going to spend the day on the beach.    Medano Beach on one, and Stone Island at the other.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jmore66213 said:

Hi, we are a family of 8 adults and 5 little ones, 5yrs and younger.   We are going on the same cruise in June.   In Puerto Vallarta, we are going on the Pirate Cruise.   I read great reviews that they were really good with kids.   In Cabo and Mazatlan, we are going to spend the day on the beach.    Medano Beach on one, and Stone Island at the other.

Ohhh what's the Pirate Cruise? My littles would probably love that

Edited by MrsRoRo
spelling errors

On 3/23/2019 at 11:29 AM, MrsRoRo said:

Following... my kids will be about the same ages when we go in Sept.

Mrs. RoRo, what days in September? My family and I are from Arizona (close to you actually). We will be taking our toddlers on their first cruise in the beginning of September.

30 minutes ago, tm_aw_love said:

Mrs. RoRo, what days in September? My family and I are from Arizona (close to you actually). We will be taking our toddlers on their first cruise in the beginning of September.

We will be on the Sept 21 cruise! 

• 2 weeks later...

We took our kids on dune buggies in PV. They loved it but you will get wet and muddy if you drive fast through the river portions. Not for the faint of heart.

There are other tours such as horseback riding and boats ( almost all have a pirate boat). The four year old will limit many tours. Lovers beach is fun in Cano and typically gets a close up of the arch, but no amenities so only a quick tour I would recommend with kids. Medano beach has facilities but can get raunchy so look up more family oriented places. Mazatlan, we always go to the beach. Many will have parasailing and banana boats you can for you and the kids to do. We do more adventurous items as we cruise a lot. Check out your ship excursions which will give you an idea of what is available.

Edited by bearette