New to Celebrity-questions for Summit Bermuda

luv261vaca

My family will be taking our first Celebrity cruise this August on the Summit.  Our parents (ages 87, 86, 85, 79) will be traveling with my husband, me(50's) and our 20 year old daughter .  Our parents have mobility issues and no added salt dietary restrictions.  We are ordering electric scooters to be delivered to the pier.  We have select dining.

1)  We would appreciate any general recommendations and suggestions. 

2)Will the scooters be available at check-in at the pier, in a general location on the ship, or delivered to their staterooms(handicapped rooms booked)?  

3)Dad has a history of heart failure and needs a no added salt diet.  Will there be available choices on the dinner menu?  

4) Are there any shuttles from the pier to the Dockyard?

We have cruised NCL, Princess and Disney so we are not new to cruising, but new to Celebrity.

Thanks

37 minutes ago, luv261vaca said:

My family will be taking our first Celebrity cruise this August on the Summit.  Our parents (ages 87, 86, 85, 79) will be traveling with my husband, me(50's) and our 20 year old daughter .  Our parents have mobility issues and no added salt dietary restrictions.  We are ordering electric scooters to be delivered to the pier.  We have select dining.

1)  We would appreciate any general recommendations and suggestions. 

2)Will the scooters be available at check-in at the pier, in a general location on the ship, or delivered to their staterooms(handicapped rooms booked)?  

3)Dad has a history of heart failure and needs a no added salt diet.  Will there be available choices on the dinner menu?  

4) Are there any shuttles from the pier to the Dockyard?

We have cruised NCL, Princess and Disney so we are not new to cruising, but new to Celebrity.

Thanks

Can only answer 3 and 4

They do have a shuttle to take you from the ship to the dockyard area.  Don't remember how wheelchair accessible it is. 

You should have no problem with diets, I would contact special services department before departure and see the Maitre'd on board.  I have seen them help people with special diets by bringing out the next nights menu's and effectively ordering for the next night the evening before you get there, they are very accommodating.  

You can get a lot of good information from some good people on the East Coast departures board.  There is a thread there called Port Liberty 411 with all sorts of info.

Edited by dkjretired
  • Like 1

For # 2 you should contact the Special Needs department.  Number is on this brochure http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/12027944_CEL_SpecialNeeds_Flyer.pdf.

Generally they will review the next nights menu with you at the end of dinner the night before.  Many things can be prepared special to accommodate the dietary needs.

Once onboard go to the MDR and confirm that they have receive the requirement and review with them.  They are generally stationed right outside the MDR at embarkation.

• Like 1