My cruise got cancelled!

Vampiress88

1 minute ago, jones721 said:

It probably is a cruise that you don't want to do (Crown Princess, 24th July) but I booked this one a month or so ago. 4 berth cabin and it was less than £3000 cos passengers 3 & 4 were £199 each. It is a cruise I do most years, around the British Isles - although you probably want to head off to the sun. I love the itinerary, the mix of international passengers plus I am elite on Princess so get quite a few perks. It is also supposed to the be the first 'Medallion' cruise for Crown Princess (they are revamping the fleet). Same ship as Ventura and Azura. Not many families though as they tend to head for the Med. But maybe worth a look? 24th July may be too early for you but the cruise is repeated every 12 days. I'm not going to go back and look at price for you in case it has fallen again (the closer the sailing, the more this particular cruise tends to fall).

Does this appeal to you at all?

Tracey

Realli want to go to Gibraltar it’s important as my great grandfather is buired there and as my gran is 87 she doesn’t go abroad anymore so I was going there for her. Plus I love Gibraltar and I wanna show kids monkeys. Plus wanted to do Spain. The reason I want to do a cruise is to visit lots of different places. Wouldn’t do British isles though

Not sure what to suggest then. There are 5 of us, 4 adults and 1 teen, so we’d never get a cruise that cheap in school hols. 

We paid £4K for 8 nights with RC and I thought that was ok tbh. We did have a deal that included free drinks packages and free gratuities, so we thought it was good.

Only a couple of years or so until we’re free of school holiday restrictions- can’t wait!

My kids are 4 and 3 currently so that’s why cruise in 2020 as I’ll not be able to take them out of school when 5 so I’ve got a lot of years of holiday in the schools holidays for a very long time. 

There were cheaper deals in January when we booked. 

The offical stand from p&o ceo is that no matter the reason why I have to change my cruise even though it’s their fault they will still change me extra. 

Really wish they would treat customers better

11 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

My kids are 4 and 3 currently so that’s why cruise in 2020 as I’ll not be able to take them out of school when 5 so I’ve got a lot of years of holiday in the schools holidays for a very long time. 

There were cheaper deals in January when we booked. 

The offical stand from p&o ceo is that no matter the reason why I have to change my cruise even though it’s their fault they will still change me extra. 

Really wish they would treat customers better

Would they give you extra OBC to compensat rather than reduce the difference in price?

2 minutes ago, jones721 said:

Would they give you extra OBC to compensat rather than reduce the difference in price?

Obc? 

They have offered nothing. Every time I have tried to make it work so that both p&o and I are not losing out because of their mistakes it’s had to be me asking if they could do this or that. 

You’d think someone would have at least tried. 

3 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Obc? 

They have offered nothing. Every time I have tried to make it work so that both p&o and I are not losing out because of their mistakes it’s had to be me asking if they could do this or that. 

On board credit. It’s worth asking as they are more likely to give you money this way as you will still be spending it with them. But, means less actual spends out of your own pocket.

3 minutes ago, arendale1 said:

On board credit. It’s worth asking as they are more likely to give you money this way as you will still be spending it with them. But, means less actual spends out of your own pocket.

Yeah because drinks and things will be marked up so I suppose they will lose less money. 

Why cant they just offer it. Why do I have to argue for them to fix their mistakes. 

Suppose its worth a shot as a last resort before I cancel. 

3 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Yeah because drinks and things will be marked up so I suppose they will lose less money. 

Why cant they just offer it. Why do I have to argue for them to fix their mistakes. 

Suppose its worth a shot as a last resort before I cancel. 

Good luck!

I know it’s a bit of a battle as we have our own issue with them atm (the Amsterdam port change), and they are offering nothing at all regards a goodwill gesture. I’m still waiting to speak to someone and we go next week 😞

Edited by arendale1

10 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

Obc? 

Remember that they have automatically offered £50 per person OBC on the Ventura cruise (or a cruise at a future date). I'm happy with that as we will not be out of pocket like you. our situations are different. Negotiate with them over that amount. That costs the company way less than offering you money off the Britannia summer cruise.

Tracey

On 3/29/2019 at 10:20 PM, Vampiress88 said:

No not strictly fans at all. Completely opposite. 

So my deal is now tranfer my inside azura Spain cruise to a sea view Ventura Canaries in April. 

Then transfer the sea view Ventura canaries to Britannia inside Spain cruise in August but still have to pay £404. They have said that the £100 compensation can be added there so real terms it’s now an extra £304 if I want to change all this. 

If it would have been a year apart then it wouldn’t have been so bad. Even better if I’d been on this itinerary before as I’d know if I liked it. 

I think i will just just have to cancel April and unfortunately this would mean I wouldn’t use p&o again as I don’t stay loyal with companies who don’t have any loyalty towards me. 

Lets hope this ceo wants to try and put things right otherwise I’ll be one holiday short but least I’ll save money. Silver linings an all. 

I mentioned earlier that we did the Canaries cruise once before and the weather was good (better than our Easter Med). I have just looked at weather for Canaries for next week for when we arrive on Britannia. It's looking pretty good. And I had a quick look at the Med and the Canaries weather is better / more consistent.

Might be a good time for you to compare the temperatures between the two as it is exactly this time of year that Azura / Ventura leave / would have left next year.

Tracey

29 minutes ago, jones721 said:

Remember that they have automatically offered £50 per person OBC on the Ventura cruise (or a cruise at a future date). I'm happy with that as we will not be out of pocket like you. our situations are different. Negotiate with them over that amount. That costs the company way less than offering you money off the Britannia summer cruise.

Tracey

Yes had we not had the August one booked I would have been ok with the £100 off future cruise. 

I have asked for onboard credit. 

They have offered £150 onboard. 

This still means tho there was £404 difference in cruise. They added the £100 future credit bringing it to £304. Then I’ve got £150 onboard. This still means I am £154 out of pocket. 

I dunno what to do. I’m sick of arguing with them but I hate that I am paying more for their fault

12 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Yes had we not had the August one booked I would have been ok with the £100 off future cruise. 

I have asked for onboard credit. 

They have offered £150 onboard. 

This still means tho there was £404 difference in cruise. They added the £100 future credit bringing it to £304. Then I’ve got £150 onboard. This still means I am £154 out of pocket. 

I dunno what to do. I’m sick of arguing with them but I hate that I am paying more for their fault

Are you getting Britannia summer instead of Ventura (I've lost track)? If so, you are getting a nicer ship (in my opinion - not in others) so is this worth paying another £154? I know it's not the same as what you originally had - but neither of us can have our original option so I have decided to just not worry about it. I'm getting £100 future credit, you are getting £250 in total benefits so I suppose you could argue that they have given you more than other passengers.

Just unfortunate for us both that we had identical itineraries already booked 😞

Tracey

Are you getting Britannia summer instead of Ventura (I've lost track)? If so, you are getting a nicer ship (in my opinion - not in others) so is this worth paying another £154? I know it's not the same as what you originally had - but neither of us can have our original option so I have decided to just not worry about it. I'm getting £100 future credit, you are getting £250 in total benefits so I suppose you could argue that they have given you more than other passengers.

Just unfortunate for us both that we had identical itineraries already booked 😞

Tracey

They are giving me £250 “benefit” but I have to pay £404 more so I am losing out financially or I lose my holidays in school time. 

What really annoys me is that the prices have increased by at least £200 just the one I’ve cancelled so they are benefiting from me for changing everything and I am losing out 

5 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

They are giving me £250 “benefit” but I have to pay £404 more so I am losing out financially or I lose my holidays in school time. 

What really annoys me is that the prices have increased by at least £200 just the one I’ve cancelled so they are benefiting from me for changing everything and I am losing out 

I know that when I booked Azura 3rd 2020 in January it was £799 for an inside and Ventura for 4th April 2020 was £849. Now Ventura is £997 so the price has gone up from when we booked but I am, in effect, getting it for £799 as it would be a straight transfer. You should be roughly the same for April 2020 cos I think you also booked in January.

Your Britannia one, are they offering it to you at today's price or at the time you booked Ventura. I am guessing that this is the one you are losing out on?

Can you not argue that?

I know that when I booked Azura 3rd 2020 in January it was £799 for an inside and Ventura for 4th April 2020 was £849. Now Ventura is £997 so the price has gone up from when we booked but I am, in effect, getting it for £799 as it would be a straight transfer. You should be roughly the same for April 2020 cos I think you also booked in January.

Your Britannia one, are they offering it to you at today's price or at the time you booked Ventura. I am guessing that this is the one you are losing out on?

Can you not argue that?

Trying to argue it. Yes it’s the Britannia one I am losing out on. I have to pay today’s prices. Not what it would have been in January. 

• unfortunately if a guest wishes to transfer their original booking even if its because we have had to cancel an itinerary, the guest would require to pay the cost of their preferred cruise at today's prices. We don't offer a price match and the choice of itinerary is down to the guest and whilst I understand your individual circumstances, regrettably the Britannia itinerary you have chosen is more than your original Ventura cruise. I appreciate that it leaves a bad taste in the mouth but unfortunately we can't deviate around that.”

this is what their official response was. 

53 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Trying to argue it. Yes it’s the Britannia one I am losing out on. I have to pay today’s prices. Not what it would have been in January. 

• unfortunately if a guest wishes to transfer their original booking even if its because we have had to cancel an itinerary, the guest would require to pay the cost of their preferred cruise at today's prices. We don't offer a price match and the choice of itinerary is down to the guest and whilst I understand your individual circumstances, regrettably the Britannia itinerary you have chosen is more than your original Ventura cruise. I appreciate that it leaves a bad taste in the mouth but unfortunately we can't deviate around that.”

this is what their official response was. 

That's probably as good as you are going to get. Are you going to enjoy that cruise now as you will be starting it on the wrong foot? Although, with no alternatives at the same price, that's a hard one. Have you gained from the April 2020 one which would offset the loss in the August one? Or keep the August one as it is, ask for the £100 to be applied to that one and cancel next April altogether?

Actually, I got those costs £50 wrong now I look back. It was £849 for Azura and £899 for Ventura. Still £50 difference.

Sorry! Can't be of much help!

Edited by jones721