Persuade me I need Spa Passes on the Escape!

JamieLogical

Jamie, let us know what you decide and report back after your cruise please.  I am deciding also but would need to buy four passes for our May Escape cruise.  We always buy Vibe passes but are not going to try for them this time (at least as of now).  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vacation44 said:

Jamie, let us know what you decide and report back after your cruise please.  I am deciding also but would need to buy four passes for our May Escape cruise.  We always buy Vibe passes but are not going to try for them this time (at least as of now).  

Just an FYI

Vibe has gone up in price, I think it’s now $209pp for a 7 day. My wife and I really like the vibe but I’m not willing to pay that price. We thought Spice H20 was great on the Escape

11 hours ago, Laszlo said:

Just an FYI

Vibe has gone up in price, I think it’s now $209pp for a 7 day. My wife and I really like the vibe but I’m not willing to pay that price. We thought Spice H20 was great on the Escape

I had read that when it went up again recently, but thank you for the heads up anyway.   I agree, Spice H20 will be an wonderful option for us but we are still thinking about the spa passes.

8 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

I had read that when it went up again recently, but thank you for the heads up anyway.   I agree, Spice H20 will be an wonderful option for us but we are still thinking about the spa passes.

SPICE on the Escape.....

Look into my eyes, look into the eyes.  Not around the eyes, don't look around the eyes,  look into my eyes *snap* you're under.   You need spa passes.  4, 3,  2,  1    you're back in the room.

https://littlebritain.fandom.com/wiki/Kenny_Craig

Stephen

Edited by sjbdtz

On 3/27/2019 at 1:39 PM, JamieLogical said:

I am going on the Escape with my sister in under two weeks! This will be my 5th NCL sailing and I have never had spa passes before. I have heard vague good things about the thermal spa on the Escape, but I am still struggling to decide if they are worth $400 (I would have to pay for both of them, as I am treating my sister to this trip). Tell me what you love about the thermal spa, especially the one on the Escape, which people seem to universally claim is one of the best in the fleet.

Just saw a post on the new price.........$266pp.......thats crazy........  If you can buy it online cheaper now do it!

My wife would vote YES for spa passes.  With the limited access, it is a really good break from the crowds on the mega ships.  We have gotten spa passes about half the cruises we have done and found the spa passes well worth it.  You may want to look into getting a spa balcony (which comes with passes for 2)

We bought the spa passes for the Escape because of the rave reviews here on cruise critic.  While we enjoyed it, I’m not positive I enjoyed it to the tune of $400.  The thermal pool was very nice ... but we didn’t use much more than that.  Went to the snow room for about 5 mins total.  Fell asleep on the lounger one afternoon when it was too cold to be outside ... but otherwise we wanted to feel the ocean air and sun ... so we did a lot of time out on the decks vs spending time in the spa.  Not sure we will do the spa passes again ... unless we take a cold weather cruise.  I also felt that the spa was oversold. There were two times that we found it hard to find a lounger open ... and we weren’t even trying to find a heated lounger. Those times we soaked in the thermal pool for a few mins, then changed and went on our way.  I also echo the person who said the locker rooms were lack luster 

If I do nothing else on a cruise... I buy the Spa passes!  I think my Hubby would literally die if he couldn't go to the steam room every morning.  lol  Seriously though the Escape spa is great.  It's large and QUIET (no kids allowed) and relaxing.  Literally one of my favorite places to go.  :)  I know some people are saying to go tour it before you buy, but bear in mind the price is higher if you purchase on board.  I've seen some posts from people saying they purchased, toured and didn't like it and were given a full refund, but I can't confirm that to be true.

I think you and your sister will LOVE it.  My sister and I are leaving on 4/14 and I splurged and got us both passes, she is going to be so happy to have a quiet place to retreat to... especially considering we are traveling on an April vacation week... YIKES!  Well, we are in Haven anyhow, so hopefully it won't be too hectic. 

Good luck and have a GREAT trip!

So I purchased the spa passes online and the process was weird and has me a little concerned. First of all, it made me select a time. The only option was 3:01 PM on embarkation day. Also, it had radio buttons instead of check marks so I could only select one person at a time and had to add us each to the shopping cart individually. Once the transaction went through, I received an updated reservation confirmation. On my eDocs, the "Thermal Suite Pass" shows as a reservation just like my specialty dining reservations with a date of 4/7 and a time of 3:01 PM - 3:02 PM instead of showing up as an "Onboard Amenity" like my drink package, wifi, etc.

Is this normal? Seems strange to me.

18 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

So I purchased the spa passes online and the process was weird and has me a little concerned. First of all, it made me select a time. The only option was 3:01 PM on embarkation day. Also, it had radio buttons instead of check marks so I could only select one person at a time and had to add us each to the shopping cart individually. Once the transaction went through, I received an updated reservation confirmation. On my eDocs, the "Thermal Suite Pass" shows as a reservation just like my specialty dining reservations with a date of 4/7 and a time of 3:01 PM - 3:02 PM instead of showing up as an "Onboard Amenity" like my drink package, wifi, etc.

Is this normal? Seems strange to me.

It's normal... access to the spa starts right after sail-away.  The passes are good from that point forward.  :)

4 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

That's reassuring. Still seemed weird.

I totally agree... it threw me for a loop the first time too.  ;)  My sister saw the confirmation and asked if we were getting a spa treatment on day 1 and that 4:01pm seemed "very specific".  She was super excited when I told her it starts at 4:01 and goes all week.  Oh, not sure if anyone mentioned this, but the spa generally closes early on the last night.  8pm on the big ships hs been the norm in my experience.  Have a GREAT cruise!!

Jamie - i’ve cruised the Breakaway 8 times or so, Escape once and had a Spa Pass each time. It is the ideal way to find quiet on a very large ship.  There’s gentle “music” playing, water splashing and quiet conversations, but the atmosphere is restful.  If that’s what you want, then go for it.  [Alternate view: my dh thinks the spa would drive him crazy. He wants to be out, about, doing Every minute of the day.  If that’s your style - the Spa may not be for you.]

• Like 1

On 4/3/2019 at 10:02 AM, JamieLogical said:

That's reassuring. Still seemed weird.

I was worried about it when i first booked them so I called and they confirmed it was correct.

On 3/31/2019 at 9:49 AM, Laszlo said:

Just saw a post on the new price.........$266pp.......thats crazy........  If you can buy it online cheaper now do it!

The OP in that thread (if its the same one I was in) was Canadian and the price they posted reflects the current exchange rate.  The prices have not gone up.