Another Option instead of Purchasing Beverage Packages

cruzin4us

14 hours ago, kazu said:

Between Happy Hour, regular drink purchases and our wine packages we spent far less than what the Explore4 package cost.  We certainly spent but not what Explore4 would have been.

For the same reasons you mention, we dropped our X4 SBP package when we rebooked our upcoming  Noordam Alaska cruise and saved over $1400 on our original X4 promo SS cabin cost. We also gave up 2 dinners in the PG with the X4 a $70 value, but we got to keep the $200 OBC for booking a suite and the reduced cost for our grandson in our cabin as the third person.

We have purchased the #2 quality wine package with some nicer wines we actually will enjoy at dinner. I never liked the SBP choice of wines by the glass so we had considered upgrading to the EBP but even those wines by the glass were just average at best.  We would have to buy 155 $9 drinks in 7 days ( 22 per day) to  equal what we saved by dropping the promo package. I do not think my liver could survive that much drinking. Our normal daily drinking on a cruise is a glass of white wine with lunch, a martini before dinner, a bottle of red wine with dinner and maybe a drink in the afternoon (for sea days) or after dinner at a show.  Unless one spends the cruise drinking like a fish, the SBP X4 promo is a big profit center for HAL.

Edited by terrydtx