Monaco-Grand Prix Cruise

ariesknowbest

Has anyone sailed on this special cruise?  Thinking about giving it to my hubby for anniversary present, but want to make sure it is worth it....what are your thoughts?  positive and negative.  THANK YOU....................................................................................

I’m interested in feedback, too. We’re booked for next year’s Monaco Grand Prix Cruise, Rome to Rome with a different, intriguing itinerary. It will be on the Wind Surf next year. Supposedly the ship docks in Monte Carlo right on the pier and you can easily walk into town with no tendering involved. We’ve only been to one Formula 1 race (in Austin) and If I only ever get to see one more race in person it’s got to be the Monaco Grand Prix! With the included tickets for Saturday and Sunday, it’s a no-brainer for me to go with Windstar vs Silversea, Crystal or trying to do it on my own.

• Members

I am going on this cruise for Cruise Critic in May, so I'll be writing lots of content. Bringing my dad -- it's on his bucket list!

I have researched the other Grand Prix cruises and what makes Windstar different is that it's a true "theme cruise," where everyone onboard goes to the event. On the other lines, it's offered as an extra shore excursion, usually for quite a bit of money.  

Monaco at Grand Prix time is amazing. Lots of huge ships and tons of people are everywhere.  We were lucky to hire a driver via aviator who drove the race course. It is a thrill. We have also been in Monaco in the fall. It is quiet. Nice time to go sightseeing without the crowds.  NB....from the dock, you can walk along the water edge to the rock, take elevator up to the top of the rock, and enjoy the many attractions without climbing stairs.  It is an easy short walk and signs direct you as you walk. The aquarium and palace gardens are very good. Be at the front of the palace at noon to see the changing of the guard. It is small scale, but still interesting. Enjoy!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Another article on Monaco Grand Prix cruising: https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=4174

Also I have a review up on Star Pride. Next year, the line will be using Wind Surf so it doesn't really apply. https://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=723

• Like 1