Quantum in Asia, a review

On 4/22/2019 at 5:08 PM, traveler301 said:

My Spectrum of seas is still too far to get the upgrade offer but I saw the key in the past  few time but never was successful to book it (got error message every time I tried) , Now its gone. Not sure they have the key program at all for this market. 

Onboard Quantum currently. Checked, cruise crew are familiar with the Key program. They advised that it is not YET available for Asian cruises, but they are hopeful the program will be expanded to include their region.

1.   Can anyone guide me as to whether purchasing an onboard Unbooked Cruise Offer is worth the pay the deposit now when you might not have vacation time available for another 1.5 to 2 years (already booked other cruises for upcoming vacations)? We would have to pay $250 pp deposit while onboard current sailing, book any future cruise within 1 year from now, and in exchange, we will receive $200 OBC now, and 10% addition on that future cruise that gets booked within that 1 year time frame, even if the selected cruise is 2+ years out from now.

2.   Also, what is the likelihood that we could negotiate a higher OBC in connection with this offer? Not sure if it is common to renegotiate terms of onboard offers.

34 minutes ago, soflalaw said:

1.   Can anyone guide me as to whether purchasing an onboard Unbooked Cruise Offer is worth the pay the deposit now when you might not have vacation time available for another 1.5 to 2 years (already booked other cruises for upcoming vacations)? We would have to pay $250 pp deposit while onboard current sailing, book any future cruise within 1 year from now, and in exchange, we will receive $200 OBC now, and 10% addition on that future cruise that gets booked within that 1 year time frame, even if the selected cruise is 2+ years out from now.

2.   Also, what is the likelihood that we could negotiate a higher OBC in connection with this offer? Not sure if it is common to renegotiate terms of onboard offers.

1. That sounds like the old FCC - but have not heard of it recently - I would stay away.

2. Price and perks like OBC is fixed (though can change at any time), nothing to negotiate.

Edited by Biker19

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

1. That sounds like the old FCC - but have not heard of it recently - I would stay away.

2. Price and perks like OBC is fixed (though can change at any time), nothing to negotiate.

Would you please elaborate? FCC? Future Cruise Credit? Ups? Downs? Other issues? 

My better half and I want to fully understand this offer.

Thank you!

9 hours ago, soflalaw said:

Onboard Quantum currently. Checked, cruise crew are familiar with the Key program. They advised that it is not YET available for Asian cruises, but they are hopeful the program will be expanded to include their region.

First , Have a wonderful cruise .

Which kind of restaurants are already opened ? , in my planner I can see only Jamie and Chops 

12 hours ago, soflalaw said:

The NextCruise offer is stated here: http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/NextCruise/17058644_China_&_NextCruise_FAQs.pdf which is for China sailings only. It is a great deal if the agent onboard says it is allowed to be used that far in the future. Also, would you mind asking if an existing booking can be rebooked onboard with that offer for a discount.

48 minutes ago, BaikG said:

The NextCruise offer is stated here: http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/NextCruise/17058644_China_&_NextCruise_FAQs.pdf which is for China sailings only. It is a great deal if the agent onboard says it is allowed to be used that far in the future. Also, would you mind asking if an existing booking can be rebooked onboard with that offer for a discount.

Will ask about rebookings.

I am unable to open the link you provided to the RCCL’s NextCruise FAQs. Can you double check the posted link you provided?

3 hours ago, traveler301 said:

First , Have a wonderful cruise .

Which kind of restaurants are already opened ? , in my planner I can see only Jamie and Chops 

Premium Pay:

Jamie’s Italian

Chops Grille

Izumi Japanese Cuisine

Dadong Wonderland

Vintages (Jamie’s Italian Tapas)

Harp and Horn Pub

Panda Noodle Shop

Hot Pot at Solarium Bistro

Coastal Kitchen (Gold Cards only)

Complimentary:

American Icon

Chic

Grand

Silk

Windjammer Marketplace

Snacks (and misc.):

Cafe Promenade

Sorrento’s Pizzeria

Boardwalk Hot Dogs

The Cafe @ Two70

I hope I didn’t miss any venues!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BaikG said:

NextCruise rep advised that they cannot affect any currently booked cruise. You would have to cancel the existing reservation first.

So short answer, no, a rebooking is not eligible for this program.

On 4/21/2019 at 8:21 PM, andydates said:

Hadley,

Any chance you have more copies of the MDR menus for different nights?  Odd that the sample menu you posted featured Japanese cuisine, when the majority of passengers are Chinese.  Also, can you post a higher resolution image of the menu as the one you posted is a bit fuzzy when I try to zoom up to read it?

Thanks

I'm sorry.  I hadn't thought about writing this up in such detail while on the ship and those are the only MDR menu photos I have.  (Also, we only ate dinner there two times...)

That said, it's not really that unusual to have Japanese inspired food served to the Chinese market.  Much  like having an Italian themed dinner on a sailing based out of the US

Edited by xxHadleyxx

On 4/23/2019 at 11:05 PM, soflalaw said:

You cannot negotiate more OBC (or, I would be highly surprised if you could).

Whether or not it is worth it is a personal decision (will things you want to take be available for booking within a year?).

We booked one of the "China Next Cruise Open Bookings" on our sailing.  We paid the $250 deposit and got the $200 OBC right away.  

we just made the booking today, so I can tell you how it went.

We booked a sailing in Alaska for next May.  DH called and was initially told that "we're not offering that promotion right now"  and refused to give the 10 percent off, even after being out on hold for the agent to talk to a supervisor.  After a bit of back and forth he asked to speak directly to a supervisor.  Once the supervisor was there, he asked her to pull up the receipt which matched our number and read line 11 of the terms and conditions, which got an "oh wow, I've never even seen this before" response.  She was nice enough, chatted about how they never talk to people who sailed China, etc and we got the 10% of the price online (10% off on top of our Diamond Plus discount and on the top of the current BOGO).  Interestingly, there is no line item on the receipt for the 10% off---they just adjust the overall price with nothing explaining why.

Overall, booking was a slight pain, but not bad and we'd happily book the same deal again if/when we sail in China.  Do make SURE you have the ten percent off in writing, the system does not know China at all--so without that we would have likely been unable to get the promised discount.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/8/2019 at 9:59 PM, WaveSplasher said:

Quantum Of the Seas in Singapore will follow the normal Sea, Sky and Star Class like the rest of the Quantum Class Ship sailing around the world, so there's no Silver or Gold VIP. I'm hoping Royal introduces the Key on Quantum but I highly doubt they are going to. 

Solarium will be open to all, North Star, Bumper Cars, Ifly are all free. Food in the MDR will have a mix of Asian and Western Dishes. Passenger count will be mix between Asian and Western and from all parts of the world. 

You will have to check the cruise planner if they do private runs on the North Star. If not then I think you will need to email Royal on this. 

You might find Quantum sailings from Singapore somewhat more "enjoyable" then those sailings round trip from China. 

This is THE BEST information for us if it is the case!  We are booked on a Dec 2019 sailing - one in a star class loft suite and the other in a sky class grand suite and it would be fantastic if we had all the included perks (complimentary internet, included specialty dining, genie service etc).  Fingers crossed that this is the case.  We sailed Ovation from Singapore as well and LOVED the Royal Suite Class service.