Glory Tours - Treasures of Barbados

doyleb

In late March of this year, my wife and I booked the ‘Treasures of Barbados’ tour with Glory Tours.  The tour was booked independent from the cruise ship (Crown Princess) and my email correspondence with Glory Tours before our trip were answered promptly.  They provided a credit card receipt and all the needed information on meeting in Barbados when we arrived.

The tour started promptly at 8:30 AM and we met our guide Zadora outside the cruise ship terminal. Our fellow passenger were loaded into a clean and comfortable van and we were off to Harrison Caves.  Zadora was quite nice, helpful and informative throughout the tour.   When we arrive at the cave we were led to the ticket counter, given our tickets after a short wait and lead to the elevators.  Our guide left us at that time and we were turned over the Harrison Cave staff to get into the elevator and from there to the video presentation about the cave.   After the tour was complete, we made our way on our own back to the gift shop and met our guide after a short delay. Additional passengers were added to the van at the cave stop and our group also picked up another 5 passengers at an interim stop on the tour, filling our van.  There seemed to be some confusion amongst Glory Tour drivers / managers at the caves which lead to a short delay in our leaving as well.

I do want to note here that we did notbook a private tour.  

The rest of the tour around the island proceeded – the roads are quite narrow (there was also a fair amount of road construction which caused some traffic-related delays) and Zadora did a great job navigating and keeping us safe.  The final stop at St. Nicholas Abby was quite long – our group joined a tour of the house and grounds that unfortunately extended our stay past the time we agreed to leave and we were late returning to our ship, once we dropped off our additional non-cruise ship passengers.  We were never in danger of missing our departure but did have much less time than anticipated to shop or explore more of Bridgetown on our own before having to return to the ship.  Some in our group were agitated by our delay and Zadora was very professional in how she handled the situation.

I did communicate with Glory Tours management upon our return and the concern I had was properly and professionally addressed by them in a timely manner.

IMG_0447.JPG

IMG_0475.JPG

IMG_0477.JPG

• 4 weeks later...