Lowest Price Guarantee?

jbethel11

Just now, jbethel11 said:

Is there any way this topic be shut down? Or perhaps moved to the float away lounge? This has gotten far off topic!

Your questions are being answered, all stemming from your original post. It's all related and helpful to your dilemma.

6 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

You made my day! Thank you so much for the information! But what do you mean by "better deal"? Like a better deal on another cruise line, like one Carnival Agent mentioned, or a better deal on another website?

This is directly from Carnival: If you find a better Carnival advertised deal somewhere else within two days of booking your cruise, we'll not only be very surprised — we'll give you 110% of the difference in onboard credit. You can be confident that our prices are the lowest, so you can get on to more important things... like counting down the days until you sail!

I've never used Lowest Price Guarantee, so I don't know the details, but it sounds like the better deal found somewhere other than on Carnival's website still has to be advertised by Carnival themselves. Someone else might be able to clarify.

1 minute ago, Organized Chaos said:

This is directly from Carnival: If you find a better Carnival advertised deal somewhere else within two days of booking your cruise, we'll not only be very surprised — we'll give you 110% of the difference in onboard credit. You can be confident that our prices are the lowest, so you can get on to more important things... like counting down the days until you sail!

I've never used Lowest Price Guarantee, so I don't know the details, but it sounds like the better deal found somewhere other than on Carnival's website still has to be advertised by Carnival themselves. Someone else might be able to clarify.

What do you mean by "still has to be advertised by Carnival themselves"?

Let's cut right to the chase:

LOWEST PRICE GUARANTEE

The Lowest Price Guarantee applies to the cruise fare only. The Lowest Price Guarantee protection will not apply to prevailing Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses. Lower rates must be publicly advertised fares available to the general public and exclude group rates, membership programs, charters or other Travel Agent promotions not offered by Carnival to the general public, including but not limited to travel agent rebates. To submit a Lowest Price Guarantee claim, visit carnival.com online and complete all the information required on the Lowest Price Guarantee claim form. You will be asked to provide the lower rate amount and where the rate can be found. Lower rate must: i) be for the same ship, sail date, stateroom category and number of guests; and ii) be available for booking at the time Carnival reviews your completed Lowest Price Guarantee claim form. All Lowest Price Guarantee claim forms must be submitted online within 48 hours of booking your cruise and verified by Carnival in order to qualify for the onboard credit. The onboard credit is non-refundable, non-transferable and has no cash value. Any unused portion of the onboard credit will be forfeited. Lowest Price Guarantee program may be discontinued or changed at any time. Offer is not available on Carnival Australia sailings. For cruises visiting Cuba: (1) cost of required visa ($75 per person) is additional and will be applied to the onboard Sail * Sign account; and (2) passports are required.

Just now, KevInPitt said:

Lower rates must be publicly advertised fares available to the general public and exclude group rates, membership programs, charters or other Travel Agent promotions not offered by Carnival to the general public, including but not limited to travel agent rebates.

This right here is vague! What do they mean? Under this, my assumption is that I can use another website to get a better deal?

2 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

This right here is vague! What do they mean? Under this, my assumption is that I can use another website to get a better deal?

It's not vague at all.  What it means is you can certainly refer to another web site offer but you have to be sure that offer doesn't promote a fare with any restrictions not offered by Carnival like a group booking qualifier, agent rebate or website discount.

The website fare you are trying to match to almost certainly involves one or more of the the stated exclusions.

• Like 1

Just now, KevInPitt said:

It's not vague at all.  What it means is you can certainly refer to another web site offer but you have to be sure that offer doesn't promote a fare with any restrictions not offered by Carnival like a group booking qualifier, agent rebate or website discount.

The website fare you are trying to match to almost certainly involves one or more of the the stated exclusions.

Finally, we are getting someplace! This answers my question! Thanks!

42 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

What derogatory comment? I beg of you to please link the ground rules!

In your post #13 which you edited, the unedited version was quoted in post #15 with the derogatory comment towards the beginning of the post. 

Just now, jbethel11 said:

Finally, we are getting someplace! This answers my question! 

You're welcome.  Did you also read the part about how you would get "refunded" even if your deal was approved (and understand what non-refundable non-transferrable OBC can be used for)?

3 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

In your post #13 which you edited, the unedited version was quoted in post #15 with the derogatory comment towards the beginning of the post. 

I did not realize "disgusting" was a derogatory word, however, I do apologize for any offense taken. Aside from that, my question was answered and we can move on.

1 minute ago, jbethel11 said:

Well, I'm much older than you and have been doing my best to educate myself on Carnival policy for about 4 years. I've used the old Carnival FunVille forums (now non-existent), Cruise Critic, general web searches, and by referencing their FAQ's many times. I am by no means a dummy who is unable to comprehend simply written policies. I say all this to show others that your age, or level of intellect based on your age, has nothing to do with your confusion. Because I, too, find that policy statement to be a bit confusing. To me, it says you can compare fares offered on other sites, but when it says "Carnival advertised deal," to me it implies that that deal found on other sites has to come straight from Carnival. So can it be a deal offered by another site (as long as it meets the requirements) or does it have to be a Carnival-created deal that they simply advertises on another site?