Will the Dutch Style Coffee Shop make you choose St Maarten?

Karysa

51 minutes ago, Karysa said:

You must cruise the more luxury lines that go to smaller less touristy Caribbean Islands. Mainstream cruiseships are catering to those that are willing to travel with 2000-6000 passengers and visit places like PR, Barbados, St. Maarten and Jamaica for example compared to St. Vincent, Virgin Gorda and St. Bart’s. 

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear with what I meant.

What I mean is that if I lived in Amsterdam I should prefer less tourists and less drugusers. So more tourists isn't necessary a good thing for the community if the tourists are drugusers. The authorities in the Netherlands may disagree with me but that's my opinion.

I don't care a lot about it when I'm a tourist but prefer less drugusers in my hometown even if that means less tourists here. (Which it doesn't mean here since people don't visit my town to use drugs!) 

3 hours ago, sverigecruiser said:

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear with what I meant.

What I mean is that if I lived in Amsterdam I should prefer less tourists and less drugusers. So more tourists isn't necessary a good thing for the community if the tourists are drugusers. The authorities in the Netherlands may disagree with me but that's my opinion.

I don't care a lot about it when I'm a tourist but prefer less drugusers in my hometown even if that means less tourists here. (Which it doesn't mean here since people don't visit my town to use drugs!) 

The islands rely on tourists for their livelihood. Tourists are important. In Antigua years ago there was a huge billboard that read “Tourism is everybody’s business”

Hotels, resorts, restaurants, taxis, excursion operators ect really rely on tourists so it is the Ministry of Tourism’s job to attract tourists. I think those that don’t partake will just avoid the places that sell drugs but I really don’t think that many people will avoid Canada or St. Maarten ect just for that reason alone.

6 hours ago, Karysa said:

The islands rely on tourists for their livelihood. Tourists are important. In Antigua years ago there was a huge billboard that read “Tourism is everybody’s business”

I absolutely understand that but that doesn't necessary mean that every tourist is good for the community. Drugusing tourists may be more bad than good. 

Tourism is absolutely everybodys business on many of the Islands but drugrelated problems is also everybodys business. 

Edited by sverigecruiser

6 hours ago, Karysa said:

I really don’t think that many people will avoid Canada or St. Maarten ect just for that reason alone.

I answered NO to your question if I should cruise to St. Maarten because of the Coffee shop project.

If your question had been if I thought that lots of people should avoid St. Maarten for that reason alone my answer should have been the same, NO.