Disappearing posts

Obviously I am not new to CC with 10K+ posts. Since the new CC format has been introduced I have experienced a strange phenomenon more often than I care to recount - this is not a rare occurrence for me by any means.

Sometimes when I reply to a post (with a quote) and press “submit reply” it simply disappears without being posted. When it’s a short post I will retype it but cannot be bothered with a longer lost reply.

Has anyone experienced this or am I alone?

Is it my browser issue?

TIA.

When you click Submit Reply does the button change to Saving?

If you have typed a reply it should be retained even once posted. Clicking in Reply to this topic should bring up an editor with the last text that you entered in that thread. At the bottom of the edit is white text on a black bar with a Clear editor link. 

12 hours ago, Paulchili said:

Sometimes when I reply to a post (with a quote) and press “submit reply” it simply disappears without being posted. When it’s a short post I will retype it but cannot be bothered with a longer lost reply.

Has anyone experienced this or am I alone?

One thing that I have just discovered is that there seems to be a bug (or imperfection) in the handling of new posts on multi-page threads.

Suppose you're on page 2 of a thread that's three pages long. You reply to a post on page 2, using the reply box at the bottom of page 2. What I found was when clicking "Submit Reply", nothing appears to happen. The reason is that although the post has been made, the thread does not refresh to show page 3, and the new post can only be seen by manually going to page 3.

I'm wondering whether this bug is behind at least some of the reports of difficulties in making new posts.

8 hours ago, broberts said:

When you click Submit Reply does the button change to Saving?

If you have typed a reply it should be retained even once posted. Clicking in Reply to this topic should bring up an editor with the last text that you entered in that thread. At the bottom of the edit is white text on a black bar with a Clear editor link. 

I have seen this on occasion but usually when I wanted to reply but decided not to and clicked the “back” button. Then later it would appear as you described. However, in cases when the post just didn’t materialize I could never see it again.

Will watch to see if the if the button changes to “saving” (as it usually does). What if it doesn’t show “changing” and the post is just gone. How do I retrieve it then?

6 hours ago, Globaliser said:

One thing that I have just discovered is that there seems to be a bug (or imperfection) in the handling of new posts on multi-page threads.

Suppose you're on page 2 of a thread that's three pages long. You reply to a post on page 2, using the reply box at the bottom of page 2. What I found was when clicking "Submit Reply", nothing appears to happen. The reason is that although the post has been made, the thread does not refresh to show page 3, and the new post can only be seen by manually going to page 3.

I'm wondering whether this bug is behind at least some of the reports of difficulties in making new posts.

Thank you for your thought. I don’t believe that this is the case in my problem. I have seen it even when replying a the very last post.