quick excursion/credit question

Pwrmaster7

Sorry I cant figure out how to edit this lol. Basically I am asking if I should book the excursion so I can get off the ship faster as I would have a ship excursion booked. Does that matter if it is a non-tender port? Thanks

It may depend on which port and how large a ship you are on, but from what I've seen if the ship is docked, you can walk off as soon as the ship is cleared and with the shore excursions you are held in the theater until your group is called and bus numbers are assigned.  

Another note:

If the shore excursion is less than $50 you only get credit for the actual cost of the excursion (after taking it).

I.E. Boat ride around a harbor cost $25 - take the excursion credit applied is $25 - not $50

You don't take the excursion - it is cancelled - no credit at all.

Shore excursion cancelled by the operator and/or NCL any payment made is refunded - payment made by

OBC is credited back to the OBC.

You cancel of your own accord without timely notification you MAY* lose the cost of the excursion.

* Read fine print !

The thing to remember about that $50 PER CABIN Excursion Credit is the credit is applied AFTER THE EXCURSION !

Also remember if you have Latitudes Rewards status you are entitled to an additional discount based on your

status and that discount is also applied AFTER THE EXCURSION !

16 hours ago, Pwrmaster7 said:

I have the 50 dollar excursion credit, but there isnt really one i want to book. Should i book the skyride excursion at $21 pp just to get off the ship faster as it wouldnt cost me anything? Thoughts?

If you are referring to the SkyRide in St Thomas, the excursion ticket is not a timed ticket.  There is no set meeting time for this excursion.  You would simply walk off the ship, and present your NCL excursion ticket for admittance onto the tram once you arrive.  The excursion ticket is valid anytime during the SkyRide business hours during your day in port.

We have taken advantage of the SkyRide tickets in St Thomas through NCL with the Shore Excursion Credit, as they are essentially free.  

On 4/5/2019 at 12:51 PM, cmego2 said:

If you are referring to the SkyRide in St Thomas, the excursion ticket is not a timed ticket.  There is no set meeting time for this excursion.  You would simply walk off the ship, and present your NCL excursion ticket for admittance onto the tram once you arrive.  The excursion ticket is valid anytime during the SkyRide business hours during your day in port.

We have taken advantage of the SkyRide tickets in St Thomas through NCL with the Shore Excursion Credit, as they are essentially free.  

Ditto

I don't know what particular excursion you are referring to but by booking an excursion you have no intention of taking could result in others who truly wish to participate not getting a spot at all.  Many tours have limited openings so you being a "no show" is rather inconsiderate.  We have often waited 10-15 minutes past an excursion's scheduled departure time for late comers or those who don't come at all. 

27 minutes ago, Pwrmaster7 said:

I'm going to book the skyride. If I can't use them is no big deal. Thx all

Are you sailing solo? What are you interested in doing in St Thomas? I have taken a number of NCL excursions and happy to share my experience. 

4 minutes ago, Nola26 said:

Are you sailing solo? What are you interested in doing in St Thomas? I have taken a number of NCL excursions and happy to share my experience. 

Wife and i. Probably going to taxi to a beach (close but not insanely crowded) and want to shop for some things (downtown?)  if you can help with that I'd be extremely grateful!! 

6 minutes ago, Pwrmaster7 said:

Wife and i. Probably going to taxi to a beach (close but not insanely crowded) and want to shop for some things (downtown?)  if you can help with that I'd be extremely grateful!! 

The credit is for the cabin. So even if you did the sky ride the $50 would be applied to your two tickets.

If you want to go to the beach do the NCL Megan's bay trip. With the credit one of you will be free and the admissions fee is included. You will also have private transportation. Taxi to a beach will run about 15 to 20 each way plus the entrance fee. Grabbing a taxi freestyle you always run the risk that the taxi sits trying to fill up before departing so not an instantaneous departure on either end.

Another option is to book the Coral World excursion. Coki beach is next door. You can leave the tour and spend time on the beach.  We did this during the free period, less than an hour in the beach but perfect for us, $5 for a beach chair for the day. It was a nice way to get a 2 for trip. You could step away sooner if you want more beach time. Fantastic snorkeling here. I now travel with my own $25 Amazon snorkel set, so easy to just jump in and explore the sea life.

Any NCL trip with transportation will provide a bit of an island tour, interesting site seeing, but post hurricane commentary is a different perspective. 

NCL is the way to go if you want to see St John due to some schedule risk using a ferry. Getting $50 off one of those is a nice deal.

There is shopping at the pier so you can do that before or after an excursion.