Bumpiing Tours recently?

Bahama Mama 40

On 6/20/2023 at 2:00 PM, TTEllis said:

You gotta be kidding me!! I'll text Levi tonight. How sad I was with Levi 3 time's his tour is the premier tour in all the southern Caribbean. No ships are going to Dominica anymore. I'm trying to find one for this fall I don't see Dominica on anything.  Thank you for this information. 

Viking Sea is stopping at Dominica on its 10-day West Indies’ itineraries in late 2023.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/8/2023 at 3:07 PM, NCTribeFan said:

I'm on HAL's Eurodam in January and we're calling there.  One of the reasons I booked the cruise.  Dominica is my favorite island.  So beautiful and unspoiled compared to so many others.

We are stopping there in December, first time there. Any reccomendation for first time stop on the island?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just did a search on him. He is coaching the Dominican men’s cycling team (that includes his son). I was so sad to see that Bumpiing had closed that I had to find out what happened to him. We went with him twice and they were the best tours we have been on in the Caribbean. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/19/2023 at 10:24 PM, volleyballmom87 said:

I just did a search on him. He is coaching the Dominican men’s cycling team (that includes his son). I was so sad to see that Bumpiing had closed that I had to find out what happened to him. We went with him twice and they were the best tours we have been on in the Caribbean. 

Amen sister

• 2 months later...

Saddest thing in the world. Levi is just like the rest of us, he's no spring chicken anymore.

Everything has changed post pandemic especially in the cruise industry and everything that goes along with it. I just hope Levi's happy. 

We had a wonderful tour with Bumpiing   in 2016.
We went back to Dominica in December, 2023, and I asked our tour guide about Levi. He said Mr. Bumpiing was doing other things now, and there was no indication that he was unhappy.

On this visit to Dominica, we went to the Roseau Cruise Pier area and arranged a three hour shared minivan tour with Glenford Baron. It was a rainy day, so we didn’t walk to Trafalgar Falls, but just went to the Trafalgar Falls viewpoint, then hung out at the River Rock Café during the rain. We also visited the Wotten Waven Sulphur Springs, the Morne Bruce Garrison viewpoint, drove around Roseau and then went to the Dominica Museum and the Old Market Square and Craft Market.

I did not hear of any tours going jumping into Titou Gorge.  I heard of some people going tubing on the river, and some people going for the champagne snorkeling with mixed opinions regarding the tiny bubbles, rocks, and no coral.

• 1 month later...
On 1/25/2023 at 12:00 PM, grimpil said:

How did your tour go? Was it Levi from bumpiing tours? Hope he is still doing tours. Over 20 cruises and we still refer to this as one of our best excursions ever. We are heading back to Dominica in Feb 2024, I wonder how they recovered from hurricane Maria

How was your tour go in February,any recommendations,we will be there first time in April 

We ended up doing a great tour with Waitukubuli Adventures. We swam/snorkeled over champange reef (warm volcanic bubbles ) for about an hour. Then went to see twin waterfalls, swam Titou gorge and ended off the day soaking in natural hot springs. We were supplied a light lunch (roti or Jamaican patty). They were very aware of the timing to get back to the ship with an hour to spare. Highly recommend

• 2 weeks later...