Birthday Banner

Sarita86

My husband will be celebrating  a birthday on our cruise.  I would love to have a birthday banner up for him.  Looking at the rules it seems like they have basically made it impossible for us to do anything like that ourselves.  I mean, I have seen lots of videos where people put magnetic clips with cruise papers on the walls for organization, but I worried any banner might not be ok.

I would just order the room decor package, but it is expensive and I really just want the banner as the beach towel and photo frame aren't really his thing.

If I do put something up and they don't like it, what happens?  Do they just take it down? 

On my last cruise on teh Glory in Feb my entire hall was covered with Bday , anniversary. ect., Never in 25 cruise have i seen things removed. The items i mentioned surely were not Carnival inspired , if so they hired  another relative. Go for it, all they can do is tell yoiu if you go to far. Which they probably oill not

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Sarita86 said:

My husband will be celebrating  a birthday on our cruise.  I would love to have a birthday banner up for him.  Looking at the rules it seems like they have basically made it impossible for us to do anything like that ourselves.  I mean, I have seen lots of videos where people put magnetic clips with cruise papers on the walls for organization, but I worried any banner might not be ok.

I would just order the room decor package, but it is expensive and I really just want the banner as the beach towel and photo frame aren't really his thing.

If I do put something up and they don't like it, what happens?  Do they just take it down? 

As the previous person mentioned, over the years (most recently, last year) we've seen lots and lots of home made decorations on cabin doors and even inside cabins themselves. I'm curious, what rule(s) did you see that leads you to believe this is either not allowed or might be removed by the crew?

ETA: I think I just answered my own question in this link:  https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3256/kw/stateroom decoration

It sounds like if your banner is made of fire retardant material, you can certainly make or buy your own and hang it in your stateroom.

Edited by joepeka
  • Like 1

As the previous person mentioned, over the years (most recently, last year) we've seen lots and lots of home made decorations on cabin doors and even inside cabins themselves. I'm curious, what rule(s) did you see that leads you to believe this is either not allowed or might be removed by the crew?

ETA: I think I just answered my own question in this link:  https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3256/kw/stateroom decoration

It sounds like if your banner is made of fire retardant material, you can certainly make or buy your own and hang it in your stateroom.

I was thinking it might be prohibited because of the rules on this page: https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3256/~/decorating-your-stateroom-door-and-stateroom

I hope I am misinterpreting though.  I'd really like to do a birthday banner on the wall inside our room.

3 minutes ago, Sarita86 said:

I was thinking it might be prohibited because of the rules on this page: https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3256/~/decorating-your-stateroom-door-and-stateroom

I hope I am misinterpreting though.  I'd really like to do a birthday banner on the wall inside our room.

Yeah, the link you posted and mine are identical, just from different sources. 

As both state, as long as the banner is fire retardant and not taped or glued to the wall, I think you will be good to go. :classic_smile:

• Like 2

On our last cruise on the Horizon, there were two doors across from each other that had paper cutouts  of every island they had been on.  Then they had a swirly looking thing hanging from the ceiling over the doors.  I looked up to see how they were fastened and they had done it with tape.  They were there for the whole eight days.  

On the second day of the cruise, someone put a paper cutout of a huge pair of sunglasses on my brother and sister in law's cabin door.  They had no idea of who did it.  It stayed there the whole cruise too.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We hang a banner up on the door and/or the wall next to it. We have never had a problem. Banners are really cheap (when on sale) we use the same one over and over.

look at Shindigz 

Edited by Tiggrkitty