Bon Voyage Experience

jimpod

Does Princess still offer the Bon Voyage Experience?  I think I have the name right.  Tried searching on Princess and tried the search function here but couldn’t get that to work!  We will be leaving from Melbourne on Golden Princess in November and would have liked to be able to show someone around the ship before we leave.

The do for certain cruises, my sister is coming to do the Bon Voyage later this month out of San Pedro..   This is part of the email we received to invite friends.

bring loved ones on board with you

A guided tour + lunch

As part of our Bon Voyage program, invite a guest to experience embarkation day with you before you set sail. Your guest will receive an optional ship tour, a four-course dining room lunch and even a souvenir photo. They’ll enjoy all of this for only $39 per person, which they can apply to a future Princess booking.* Plus, you’ll all get the added benefit of being among the first to board the ship.

Book by calling 1-800-PRINCESS up to
six days before your cruise.

I told a friend of mine about this- she lives near a port and loves cruising. She mentioned sometimes driving to  the port just to admire the ships, so I told her she should look into this. I'm a little unclear if someone can book the bon voyage experience independently, even if they don't know anyone cruising on that particular sailing. Has anyone done this? I wish I lived close enough to a port to do it, myself! It sounds like a fantastic way to spend an afternoon. 

4 minutes ago, Cyn874 said:

I'm a little unclear if someone can book the bon voyage experience independently, even if they don't know anyone cruising on that particular sailing. Has anyone done this?

Yes, you can book a BVE independently, no need to know a guest on board.  We live in San Diego and have done this several times,  you are right it's a lovely way to spend a day.  Also,  you can sign up for FCCs deposits while you are on board.  Just go to the Future Cruise desk (no one will be on duty) fill out the forms and drop them in the FCC box.  They will get processed usually within 24 hours.

One needs to book by calling Princess and asking for the bon voyage experience desk.  Usually someone on CC posts the annual list of BVE's.  I haven't seen it lately though, but you might try searching for it.

• Like 1