Choice Air

sunsuit

55 minutes ago, 2Long2NxtCrz said:

Oh, wow!  That seems pretty amazing seeing as how most airlines require payment within 24 hours of booking.  Is it because it's a Business Class fare?  Which are completely flexible and do not have change penalties?  Or is this something that CA could do with Main Cabin fares?

I don't know. I asked if the CA rep needed my credit card number...he said no. We've flown Bus Class for a few years now (have enough back surgeries and you'll understand) and we've always had to pay when making the reservation, so I'm assuming it's because CA makes a "hold" on the seat but not an actual reservation. Still, I ended up with a record locator number and assigned seats (I didn't choose them...the airlines did), which certainly indicates I've got seats on the flights.

19 hours ago, mfabz said:

Not just for Business Class -- we just booked JFK to Auckland via LAX and Melbourne to JFK via LAX in Premium Economy.  When a flight with better change time in LAX became available, we phoned and flights were changed -- no problem.  You don't pay for the ticket until final payment. Up until that time all changes are free; after final payment there will be a change fee.  We also selected our seats.  

Well, I'll definitely have to check into that.  I usually do my own bookings direct (and quite often use miles), but this is a huge benefit that I was unaware of.  We really want to do a TA in 2021, so I'll keep this in mind for the return flight from Europe.

Thanks!

19 hours ago, XtaSea said:

I don't know. I asked if the CA rep needed my credit card number...he said no. We've flown Bus Class for a few years now (have enough back surgeries and you'll understand) and we've always had to pay when making the reservation, so I'm assuming it's because CA makes a "hold" on the seat but not an actual reservation. Still, I ended up with a record locator number and assigned seats (I didn't choose them...the airlines did), which certainly indicates I've got seats on the flights.

That is definitely something I've never heard of before.  And it's a big benefit.  I'll keep that in mind for future bookings.

Thanks!

• 4 months later...
On 4/6/2019 at 8:56 AM, mek said:

When I booked my one way from Dublin last year on United  through Choice Air I got a fantastic price, including no extra baggage fee and was then able to upgrade to their version of Premium Economy on the United web site.  Choice Air can tell you what the fare class is and then you can contact the airline directly before purchasing to see what if any restrictions apply.

I booked my open jaw air for our next cruise to Hawaii through Choice Air - great flights, great times - Cincinnati to Vancouver with one layover and Honolulu home with one layover, on Delta for $575 RT.  With my free bags it was a really great deal.

As with cruise prices, a little homework is necessary to ensure you get what you want.

I believe the individual links are provided by the airlines, not Celebrity

How long did it take your flight to ticket through United? I just booked a flight on Friday this week and the itinerary is showing in my United account but I cannot change my seats yet.

Edited by aly7859
grammar

I tend to use CA for international one way flights.  I've never not been able to select my seats, but I have to admit I've been apprehensive since you have to purchase the flight and then book the seat directly with the airline afterwards.  If I'm not saving any money by using CA, I book direct with the airline.  But so far, I've never had any issues.

Thanks for all your help.. I determined what the problem was after calling Choice Air & United.  I was trying to upgrade my seats to Premium Plus but I could not until the ticket was issued which will not be until final payment is made since I have booked a refundable fare with Choice Air.  So, either I re-book airfare with a $200 fee to make changes or just wait and see what happens with the airfare prices.  Because the cruise is not until May 2020 I will set up google flight alerts & track the price and re-book if the price drops.  For now the price is very reasonable from CHS to DUB @ $701 RT.  So, many decisions.

23 hours ago, ShawninFL said:

I tend to use CA for international one way flights.  I've never not been able to select my seats, but I have to admit I've been apprehensive since you have to purchase the flight and then book the seat directly with the airline afterwards.  If I'm not saving any money by using CA, I book direct with the airline.  But so far, I've never had any issues.

This has been how we've used it as well. Just booked Delta One last Saturday and Choice Air was able to assign the seats.