New Service Dog In Training

cruise4mom

I am getting a puppy in May which will hen be trained to be a service dog. I have a B2B cruise scheduled for November 2019 and the puppy will be approximately 8 months old and will be in training. Is he allowed to come, with permission from the cruise line? Is it better to keep him at home and wait until he is totally trained? I really don't know what to do and what would be the best fo the dog and myself. Any suggestions?

I think you are saying that the organization will be promising you a dog in May, and it will be in training still during your cruise time.   If I am correct in this, I don’t know if the organization training the dog will allow you to remove them from training (Southeastern Guide Dogs, does not ), to take the dog on a cruise.   First, I would double check that this would be allowed, as it disrupts the training.     Second, I would not advise taking a puppy in training on a cruise.   Too much new things, and disorients the training dog.   I do not think it is a good idea for the dog to go with you on this cruise.   Once the puppy completes their formal training, you will have time to further train the dog for cruise travel.   JMO, as a previous volunteer for a training organization for special needs work.  

• Like 1