Playa Mia excursion in Cozumel

tvo7

Has anyone done this excursion through the RCI?  It has has listed that the price includes a buffet.  Is it a good buffet and is it something our 5 and 3 y.o kids would like?

We did it last year.... while on MSC Seaside.  The buffet offers a fairly large selection. My then 8 year old grandson is a picky eater and they had child food offerings such as chicken nuggets, etc. 

We had an enjoyable day.... lots of options to keep the kids busy whether it be at the pool or ocean.

We've done Playa Mia on our own and through RCI. The buffet does has a decent amount of kid friendly stuff, but we found the selection of quality Mexican food to be better when ordering a la carte. Playa Mia responds quickly to messages via email or Facebook and they can send you copies of the current menus if requested.

I booked a Playa Mia excursion through www.shoreexcursioneer.com.  It is such cheaper than RCL (traveling on Harmony in 2 weeks).  I got the All inclusive ticket for my husband and I. I got the buffet ticket for my 5 yr old son.  My 1 year gets in and eats for free.  But I did hear the a la carte menu is much better.  We'll also get out own transportation to and from (cheaper as well)

Edited by dimepiece18

On 4/7/2019 at 7:26 PM, Woodmnky said:

We've done Playa Mia on our own and through RCI. The buffet does has a decent amount of kid friendly stuff, but we found the selection of quality Mexican food to be better when ordering a la carte. Playa Mia responds quickly to messages via email or Facebook and they can send you copies of the current menus if requested.

We were similar to Woodmnky. We have been there as well on our own. We took a taxi and paid for admission at the door. If the weather was going to be bad we would not have been obligated to go by prepaying.

By going on our own and early we were able to get good seats and beat the ship rush. We also didn’t have to wait for the bus to be loaded etc. just to get there. For both visits we were there 9am and after lunch when we had had enough and were ready to return to the ship. And that’s when it started to get extra busy. 

We have done Playa Mia several times with family...just grab a cab....maybe 15 minute ride...$20 I think....they have plenty of room on the property so they never sell out...chose what to eat when you get there...we just do general admission and a la carte....gives you flexibility if weather is iffy....can come and go as you please, no problem getting return cab....it is a fun place for all ages..