What to wear

wolf7

Hi

Going on Fjords cruise 8th June,wife wants to know what clothes she will need on ship on a evening? Will she need a jacket or cardigan to wear , is it warm she can just wear dresses? Please help dfo not want to take a car full of suitcases.

Wolf

1 hour ago, wolf7 said:

Hi

Going on Fjords cruise 8th June,wife wants to know what clothes she will need on ship on a evening? Will she need a jacket or cardigan to wear , is it warm she can just wear dresses? Please help dfo not want to take a car full of suitcases.

Wolf

The interior of the ship is heated to a temperature that is comfortable although too warm for the more hardy souls. Obviously if she wants to walk on the open deck or around the promenade deck, a jacket of some sort may be needed. Temperatures in the fjords are similar to UK although if your cruise takes you to northern ports such as Tromso, it may be cooler. Presumably you visit Bergen in which case you may need a waterproof as it rains at some point on most days.

Yes, dresses will be fine but in some areas of the ship early evening e.g. the theatre can be chilly until it fills up with people.  I have a pashmina (one black, one cream which go with most things) and take that to the theatre - the air con can be a little chilly too sometimes.  I understand why it's not good to over-heat the ship but it does lead to the odd cooler location at times. 

9 hours ago, kruzseeka said:

Yes, dresses will be fine but in some areas of the ship early evening e.g. the theatre can be chilly until it fills up with people.  I have a pashmina (one black, one cream which go with most things) and take that to the theatre - the air con can be a little chilly too sometimes.  I understand why it's not good to over-heat the ship but it does lead to the odd cooler location at times. 

4 hours ago, cabin4three said:

it can get quite chilly if you are under the air con.  I always pack a wrap/pashmina and a cardigan.

These post have reminded me of how the temperature is set just right for me. Every time I am in the theatre and think 'it's getting too hot in here' the air con. switches on, amazing! I am a hot person though so maybe will not suit everyone.

I'm nesh, so always have a cardi to throw over my shoulders.  On our Fjords cruise (with Cunard) we had two formal nights, so a chance for your wife to wear something special - most people do dress up. The other nights there are usually a mix of less formal dresses, or smart separates.  on my next cruise I'm planning to wear my dark denim jeans on a couple of casual nights - so to save room in the suitcase, you could suggest wearing smart jeans at night then wearing them again to go ashore, or to travel home.