Ronys or Boddens for private tour - sloths, monkeys, and?

aimcat

Which of these is the better tour company to go with? Our ship arrives at 930am. Is this time to see the sloths? I've seen many comments about not seeing them after 10am. Also besides the sloths and monkeys what are some other recommendations for stops, lunch, or beaches? 

2 hours ago, aimcat said:

Which of these is the better tour company to go with? Our ship arrives at 930am. Is this time to see the sloths? I've seen many comments about not seeing them after 10am. Also besides the sloths and monkeys what are some other recommendations for stops, lunch, or beaches? 

I think you have already asked this or a very similar question but perhaps didn’t get any replies? Have you tried the search engine for this forum and put in “sloths” as I have seen it discussed numerous times with suggestions?

I have read one location with sloths does not allow handling after 11am, but there are other locations with different policies. Also take into account time of year and ship time vs local time - Roatan is on CST year round.

My experience with private drivers on Roatan is that they all charge very similar pricing and will provide a driver - either for your private party on a sliding scale pp dependent on number in your group, or a set tour where you join a small group. We prefer to set our own schedule and have flexibility. I don't think there is much difference between the different companies. They are all capable of taking you to the standard tourist venues - but not so great, and expensive, for two people, if you just want transport to and from a location.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

We just used Ronys and I just posted about it a few days ago.  I think my post is a few down from here.  Rony's can take you to Manawakie which is less crowded than Boddens place.   We had a great experience there.  If you go to ronys site and choose option 4 (private tour) and scroll down he lists all of the options you can stop at on your tour.

We LOVE Rony.  We have been touring with him for years.  He is such an awesome guy and is so helpful in his community.  I think Bodden and Rony offer similar tours/similar prices.  The difference is the person.  Rony is the equivalent of the local store, Bodden is Walmart.  We are happy to support Rony every time we visit.