scooters & rollators in Cuban ports

DRS/NC

My adult kids & I are considering a HAL cruise that stops in Havana & Cienfuegos. 

I'll be using a scooter on the ship.  I'll also have my rollator/walker but I can't walk very far.

I know that if we tender in Cienfuegos, I'll not be able to us the scooter.

Any ideas or experience w/mobility issues in the Cuban ports?

Thanks!

I have used a rollator to walk around Havana.  It was very difficult but doable if you can walk at all.  The streets are all cobblestones so you have to maneuver the rollator around over and in between the stones.  Took a lot of arm muscle.  The sidewalks are just about unusable as they are very narrow, have a 5 to 9" curb to get up on them, no handicap cuts anywhere, and the sidewalks would stop abruptly at some points.  Yet I still enjoyed walking all the way from the terminal to the Capital buildings and back.

Howevere, in Cienfuego it was so much easier.  We did tender in to port, but was not an issue.  

As far as a scooter, I don't suggest counting on it in Havana, but you might be able to use it in Cienfuego. 

T'he last time in Havana, we rented a chauffered car through oldcartours.com.  Less than $100 for 3 of us for a 2.5 hr tour.  Whole heartedly recommend them.