Flight Connection.

Firebhoy

Hi. Joining Norwegian Spirit 10 day cruise to Greek islands and Italy on May the 8th sailing from Rome. This fly cruise booked by my TA with NCL requires us to fly Glasgow to Rome via Amsterdam. We arrive in Amsterdam at  0845 in the morning and the Rome flight leaves at 0935. Now NCL are quite happy with these timings and as our TA says if we missed the connection NCL would be obliged to get us to the ship at all cost.Our first port of call is Santorini after a day at sea! Anyone else done this flight or had similar tight connections and missed them.

2 hours ago, Firebhoy said:

Hi. Joining Norwegian Spirit 10 day cruise to Greek islands and Italy on May the 8th sailing from Rome. This fly cruise booked by my TA with NCL requires us to fly Glasgow to Rome via Amsterdam. We arrive in Amsterdam at  0845 in the morning and the Rome flight leaves at 0935. Now NCL are quite happy with these timings and as our TA says if we missed the connection NCL would be obliged to get us to the ship at all cost.Our first port of call is Santorini after a day at sea! Anyone else done this flight or had similar tight connections and missed them.

I should not do a so short connection but if the airline accept it it should be okay. Are there many other planes from Amsterdam to Rome with the same airline which will get you to Rome in time for your cruise?

The port in Civitavechia is also rather far from the airport so some extra time may be needed. When do you need to embark?  

Thanks cruisencrazy and Sverigecruiser for your replies. Yes no need to clear customs but it only takes a slight delay leaving Glasgow and that 50 mins transfer time I have could get whittled away pretty quickly. As I said NCL are selling this fly cruise with those flights.Both flights are with KLM so my luggage will go straight through. No more KLM fights that day that would get me to Rome before the ship departs at 5pm. If the worst came to the worst even a flight the next day wouldn’t catch up with the ship as it’s a day at sea before Santorini.

21 minutes ago, Firebhoy said:

Thanks cruisencrazy and Sverigecruiser for your replies. Yes no need to clear customs but it only takes a slight delay leaving Glasgow and that 50 mins transfer time I have could get whittled away pretty quickly. As I said NCL are selling this fly cruise with those flights.Both flights are with KLM so my luggage will go straight through. No more KLM fights that day that would get me to Rome before the ship departs at 5pm. If the worst came to the worst even a flight the next day wouldn’t catch up with the ship as it’s a day at sea before Santorini.

I should not take that flight. Even if NCL get you to Santorini how fun is it to miss the first two days of the cruise?

7 minutes ago, sverigecruiser said:

I should not take that flight. Even if NCL get you to Santorini how fun is it to miss the first two days of the cruise?

That’s my thoughts mate. If they flew me straight to Santorini that same day and stuck me up somewhere nice on an all inclusive basis until the ship arrived there the next day I would make the best of it. I would not be happy though. I will just have to hope everything goes to plan as it’s to late to make other arrangements and  as I said the TA and NCL don’t see any problem.