Just back from San Juan & Freedom cruise.

DISFANS3

How was the onboard experience.? We did a B2B (Freedom) last September and it was a bit overwhelming vs the past cruise's we've done out of San Juan with RCI...but that certainly didn't stop me from booking another B2B for April 2021.

17 hours ago, Ashland said:

How was the onboard experience.? We did a B2B (Freedom) last September and it was a bit overwhelming vs the past cruise's we've done out of San Juan with RCI...but that certainly didn't stop me from booking another B2B for April 2021.

We sailed on 3-3 and 3-10 last month. 2 completely different cruises,  I had read your posts regarding your onboard experience. On the first week, there was a heavy "local" flavor, but nothing like what you experienced. 

The second week was heavily Canadian ( Spring break in Ontario), and was very quiet.

This was our 5th cruise out of SJ, and our experience has always been positive.

6 hours ago, audome78 said:

We sailed on 3-3 and 3-10 last month. 2 completely different cruises,  I had read your posts regarding your onboard experience. On the first week, there was a heavy "local" flavor, but nothing like what you experienced. 

The second week was heavily Canadian ( Spring break in Ontario), and was very quiet.

This was our 5th cruise out of SJ, and our experience has always been positive.

So glad to hear of your positive experience...Our next cruise there will be in April and this will be a new month for us on this itinerary...Really looking forward to this B2B with the added fact of the category cabin I was able to get vs the JS we have had on other trips.

Glad to hear you had a wonderful cruise, we will be going march 1 & 8 of 2020. My question what is the earliest departure time out of SJ for home recommended. I just came across an American return to So Calif at 10:45 AM 

Arriving with 2 stops from Palm Springs ( PHX ( 3 hr lay over ) & Phil ( 2 hr lay over ) arriving in SJ 1 PM.  )

Departing SJ 10:45 AM 2 stops ( Mia (1 hr Lay Over ) & DFW ( 2 hr  lay over ) ) arriving in Palm Springs 5:45 PM. 

Our last trip there (September) I also used AA and booked this flight very far out...I started off with a 12:30pm flight home and after several flight changes AA made I ended up with a 9:45am flight out of SJU..so concerned with this but the next option would have put us home (LAX) so late.

Luckily it worked out...we were the first off the ship (Freedom) 7:00am and at our departure gate in plenty of time.

So regardless of what you book...it will more than likely change.

I can't book my flight before summer but if the price takes a nice drop I might book earlier. My choices right now are either United via Newark 1 stop arrival 1:22 PM with present departure showing at 1:45 and arrival home at 10:12 PM or the AA flight with the 10:45 AM return as mentioned above and 5:45 PM PS arrival if nothing were to change. . Price on United much to high so hoping it will drop. With a 22 MInute difference in arrival I like the 1 stop more. The PS to Newark is Non Stop. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/9/2019 at 9:58 AM, DISFANS3 said:

Just back, Awesome trip. Started with two days before cruise in old San Juan. Stayed at Casa Blanca Hotel, was awesome... Trip was fantastic..

Did you like Casablanca? My GF and I are staying there prior to our cruise on the Freedom in early December.

On 5/19/2019 at 10:21 AM, TravelSaint said:

Could you share/recall what time your muster drill was for boarding day?  We are arriving two days early but hope to check in and visit a little downtown that day.  Thanks in advance! 

It will be 5:30. But if you are late, don’t worry, as there is a second drill for those not on board. 

Where are you visiting if you need to see Old San Juan the day of departure?  Just found a neat restaurant on the south coast yesterday, on the water. Amazing empanadias/patallios (same thing, just different names depending on what part of the island you are from). 

And we have a few more days before getting on the Freedom Sunday.