Mayan Princess vs. Infinity Bay resort day pass

mook1525

hello fellow cruisers!

I am down to two candidate for our visit to Roatan on Harmony of the Seas.. we will purchase a day-pass to enjoy pool/beach.

what is the main difference between these two resorts?  we won't be doing all inclusive so is there price difference? what do you recommend?

thanks!!

You don't mention snorkeling ....

Mayan is farther away from the walk-in, boat free, reef snorkeling. This also makes it farther away from the Tabyana (day trip cruise ship only) part of West Bay. Just for giggles ~ Paradise Beach club also has a pool and is closer to the snorkeling. It could be distance doesn't matter with the whole of West Bay walkable in about 20 mins. :0) 

Website with a snorkel map

Never been to the Mayan, but we've been at Infinity Bay twice in the last 4 months. Including last week. It was lovely.

We were docked at Coxen Hole, I believe, so we went to Kiosk #7 and got a roundtrip ride for $15 each to the Infinity Beach. Once we arrived, it was $20 for everyone over 5 years of age, and no longer included a rum punch. Just a chaise and pool access. We still had a lovely time.

This is what it looked like last week.

The drive was about 30 minutes, but seemed a lot less and there was no traffic either way.

20190404_110940.jpg

20190404_110944.jpg

20190404_110949.jpg

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

Never been to the Mayan, but we've been at Infinity Bay twice in the last 4 months. Including last week. It was lovely.

We were docked at Coxen Hole, I believe, so we went to Kiosk #7 and got a roundtrip ride for $15 each to the Infinity Beach. Once we arrived, it was $20 for everyone over 5 years of age, and no longer included a rum punch. Just a chaise and pool access. We still had a lovely time.

This is what it looked like last week.

The drive was about 30 minutes, but seemed a lot less and there was no traffic either way.

20190404_110940.jpg

20190404_110944.jpg

20190404_110949.jpg

hello!

thanks for the info! May I ask how/where you made a reservation for transportation? I contacted Infinity Bay directly and they said they would charge $20 for day pass upon arrival and $20 transportation fee should be given to bus driver.

I would love to pay only $15 for a transportation.

thanks!

1 hour ago, mook1525 said:

hello!

thanks for the info! May I ask how/where you made a reservation for transportation? I contacted Infinity Bay directly and they said they would charge $20 for day pass upon arrival and $20 transportation fee should be given to bus driver.

I would love to pay only $15 for a transportation.

thanks!

like I said - we walked out to the port, walked through it (keep left), pass the Wifi for $5/h kiosk, keep going (while getting hassled big time by the people at the port), march up to Kiosk #7 and tell them you are going to Infinity Bay. In December they simply said - $15 pp, and last week they said "how much did they tell you?" Without blinking an eye I said $15 pp roundtrip, so that's what we paid.

When we got picked up at 1:30 local time to go back to the ship, I gave our driver a $5 tip. You tell them when you want to get pick up, and sometimes they or you adjust the time, especially if they have more than a couple of unrelated people in the minivan. Last time our driver Simon spoke English, but this time the driver didn't, so he enlisted somebody's help and we had no problem negotiating a return ride time.

31 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

like I said - we walked out to the port, walked through it (keep left), pass the Wifi for $5/h kiosk, keep going (while getting hassled big time by the people at the port), march up to Kiosk #7 and tell them you are going to Infinity Bay. In December they simply said - $15 pp, and last week they said "how much did they tell you?" Without blinking an eye I said $15 pp roundtrip, so that's what we paid.

When we got picked up at 1:30 local time to go back to the ship, I gave our driver a $5 tip. You tell them when you want to get pick up, and sometimes they or you adjust the time, especially if they have more than a couple of unrelated people in the minivan. Last time our driver Simon spoke English, but this time the driver didn't, so he enlisted somebody's help and we had no problem negotiating a return ride time.

ohh I got it now. thanks.

our ship will be docked  from 7 AM - 4 PM.. Do you remember what time you got off the ship? Was the bus already there to pick up passengers?  I would like to spend more time at the beach so I want to leave around 8 AM.. if possible.

38 minutes ago, mook1525 said:

ohh I got it now. thanks.

our ship will be docked  from 7 AM - 4 PM.. Do you remember what time you got off the ship? Was the bus already there to pick up passengers?  I would like to spend more time at the beach so I want to leave around 8 AM.. if possible.

the local time was 2 hours behind the ship time. We docked at 9:15 am ship time (which was behind schedule), which was only 7:15 am local time, so we got up at 8 am ship time, had a nice breakfast, got things together and walked off the ship about 9:30 am ship time. Minivans are all lined up in the parking lot, and they tell you which one to get into.

We left the beach at 1:15 pm local time, which was 3:15 pm ship time, and all aboard was 5:30 pm, I think. We wanted to give ourselves plenty of time to get back in case there was traffic, but there was none. :)

P.S. If you want to see and hug the sloths before you head to the beach, it has to be done before 11 am local time, because that's when they go to sleep.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

4 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

the local time was 2 hours behind the ship time. We docked at 9:15 am ship time (which was behind schedule), which was only 7:15 am local time, so we got up at 8 am ship time, had a nice breakfast, got things together and walked off the ship about 9:30 am ship time. Minivans are all lined up in the parking lot, and they tell you which one to get into.

We left the beach at 1:15 pm local time, which was 3:15 pm ship time, and all aboard was 5:30 pm, I think. We wanted to give ourselves plenty of time to get back in case there was traffic, but there was none. 🙂

P.S. If you want to see and hug the sloths before you head to the beach, it has to be done before 11 am local time, because that's when they go to sleep.

great. thanks for the tip.  one last question I promise..

did you ride in a car or a minibus?  I saw somewhere that their taxi/bus waited like an hour! before departing for beach to fill their car with more passengers.

did you have this issue too?

it was a minivan. Like a regular minivan, a 6-7 seater. There was one other couple in it with us, and 3 of us. We left within 5 minutes of leaving the ship.

A pleasant surprise (for those with kids) is that my 8 yo didn't need a booster (he is 53" tall) because he fit correctly in the seat belt without it (aka 5-stepped out of a booster). It seems that those minivans were designed for shorter people.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

54 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

it was a minivan. Like a regular minivan, a 6-7 seater. There was one other couple in it with us, and 3 of us. We left within 5 minutes of leaving the ship.

A pleasant surprise (for those with kids) is that my 8 yo didn't need a booster (he is 53" tall) because he fit correctly in the seat belt without it (aka 5-stepped out of a booster). It seems that those minivans were designed for shorter people.

thank you very much!

• 2 months later...
On 4/12/2019 at 2:40 PM, Itchy&Scratchy said:

We left the beach at 1:15 pm local time, which was 3:15 pm ship time, and all aboard was 5:30 pm, I think. We wanted to give ourselves plenty of time to get back in case there was traffic, but there was none. 🙂

I know this is a late bump, but did you pay for the full RT up front? Does the driver sit around all day or just come back at an agreed upon time? I've had mixed luck with agreed times with Taxis (at least half of that is my fault, though). Any idea if taxis are available at Infinity Bay if you get stood up?

9 hours ago, OSUZorba said:

I know this is a late bump, but did you pay for the full RT up front? Does the driver sit around all day or just come back at an agreed upon time? I've had mixed luck with agreed times with Taxis (at least half of that is my fault, though). Any idea if taxis are available at Infinity Bay if you get stood up?

yes, it was $15 roundtrip which we paid upfront. This transportation Kiosk #7 was recommended here on cruisecritic, that's how we found it. The driver comes back for you at the time you agreed on. They are not really a taxi in the way we think of taxis.

No, taxis were not lined up/available at the Infinity Beach. They would have to call you one, I assume.

The couple that was with us was taken to the zip line first (it was on the way, not too far from the ship) and we were taken to the Infinity. Later on, the driver brought that other couple to Infinity beach, and in the afternoon we rode back to the ship together.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy