Britannia Large Inside Staterooms.

johnnyd57uk

Paid extra for a large inside cabin for a change on a forthcoming Britannia Cruise. Tickets have been issued and our Cabin is located in the B403-B431 group. Taking a look at the Cabin online it looks about the same size as a standard inside cabin (ie just about enough room to swing a cat). Anyone had any experience of these rooms. I feel like ive been had. I would put in a link to the cabin picture but not sure if its allowed.

Regards to All 

John

1 hour ago, johnnyd57uk said:

Paid extra for a large inside cabin for a change on a forthcoming Britannia Cruise. Tickets have been issued and our Cabin is located in the B403-B431 group. Taking a look at the Cabin online it looks about the same size as a standard inside cabin (ie just about enough room to swing a cat). Anyone had any experience of these rooms. I feel like ive been had. I would put in a link to the cabin picture but not sure if its allowed.

Regards to All 

John

Hello John,

I not stayed in one in one of these cabins, however, I took the following photos when I did a ship tour a few years ago.

I was pleasantly surprised by their size & would be quite happy to stay in one.

Here’s some pictures of B428 & a link to the full album.

https://flickr.com/photos/63185733@N02/sets/72157652321818391

Hope this helps.

Joan

963A4CDC-BD0E-4F75-84A7-B78015E4FFFD.png

A91AFB11-F669-48EE-8A05-92A2FF36FE8D.png

CFB2C5F9-80AF-497C-9A2A-CDD9506C54B0.png

Not familiar with this particular room, but our large inside had a sofa, which became a clothes horse...

The extra space was very welcome though, especially when ordering room service and having somewhere to eat that is not the bed.

Andy

Hi Joan,

Thank you so much for the additional pictures. They are fantastic. Havnt been on the Britannia so they've given me a real sense of the ship. I think my Son and his girlfriend will be impressed (their first cruise). Strangely everyone I spoke to on the Oriana before Christmas didnt have a good word to say about the Britannia for all sorts f reasons. I am reassured by your pictures.

As for the pictures of the room it looks very much like a standard size room to me. Very similar to the standard insides on the Ventura. As I paid extra for the pleasure I will be really miffed if it turns out to be the same size as my sons room.

Edited by johnnyd57uk
mispelling

4 minutes ago, johnnyd57uk said:

Hi Joan,

Thank you so much for the additional pictures. They are fantastic. Havnt been on the Britannia so they've given me a real sense of the ship. I think my Son and his girlfriend will be impressed (their first cruise). Strangely everyone I spoke to on the Oriana before Christmas didnt have a good word to say about the Britannia for all sorts f reasons. I am reassured by your pictures.

As for the pictures of the room it looks very much like a standard size room to me. Very similar to the standard insides on the Ventura. As I paid extra for the pleasure I will be really miffed if it turns out to be the same size as my sons room.

There is this myth that people either like the smaller ships or the larger ships. We like both for different reasons,

I am sure you will love Britannia.

Have a fantastic time,

Andy

Hi Andy,

Im digressing from my original post but yes we have seen the positives of big and small. The smaller ships take a bit of getting used to as you lose the anonymity that the larger ships provide. We dont have a preference at the minute.

21 minutes ago, johnnyd57uk said:

Hi Joan,

Hello John,

You’re welcome , glad I could help.

I haven’t stayed in an inside cabin on Britannia, however, did have one on Oriana a few years ago & that was small.  I think & hope you will be pleasantly surprised.

Britannia is a lovely ship & I’ve been on her 3 times.

As previously posted, people have their reasons for liking or not liking a particular ship.  As long as you go with an open mind & judge for yourself I’m sure you’ll have a great time. I can’t see any reasons, apart from rough seas, god forbid, that your Son & Girlfriend won’t enjoy themselves.

Have a great cruise.

Joan

Just an update. Standard inside cabins are described as 137-181 sq feet which is the same description as the "large inside" cabins despite the fact you pay more for the larger. Speaking t a P&O rep I was informed "that they could put me anywhere they wanted as I had booked a saver fare". When I said I had paid extra for this allegedly larger room there was no response. The  P&O rep did take some more time checking and said my room should be 10 square feet larger. Thats an extra 2ft x 5ft Shocking.

On other lines there is a significant difference between standard and larger. I will be taking a measuring tape with me and if I have been conned into paying extra I will take the matter further.