Lazy Day in Curacao

maryhou

We slept in and had lunch on the ship this day.  Once off the ship we looked around a little bit and found ourselves at the Renaissance hotel.  It is within walking distance of this ship and absolutely beautiful.  You can't miss it, there is a small beach and two infinity pools.  We were told they sold day passes for $40 which included $20 worth of food so that seemed like a greta deal to us.  Nobody ever came and collected our money.......... nonetheless we enjoyed a couple hours in the sun and would definitely go back and spend an afternoon here again.  

Renaissance.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

There's all kind's of lazy thing's to do on Curacao, this is the island that's made for being classy and lazy at the same time!!😀

Unlike many port cities, Willemstad you can not only grab a detailed enough map of the city, you can actually walk it with a drink in your hand not only feel safe but I felt like I was right at home. That's lazy!!

Or, OR you can do a ship or private island tour on a BIG tour bus with a BUNCHA hmmmmmmm let's just say's NOT the party type folks, and I'm ready to party. 😃 That hardly ever happens!! Get on a BIG LONG tour bus with an AARP Convention forget lazy, they're stuck in there seat's, can't move. I'm TRYING to get lazy, after my 3rd drink. 3-4 drinks later yes I'm lazy but not THAT lazy.

Last and not least is the day pass at a resort I happen to be very fond of on Curacao, it's lazy.

You'll figure it out. 😎

15 hours ago, ridgerunner51 said:

Is the entrance to the water rocky?  Is it a little steep?

If you are asking about the Infinity area at Renaissance,  no rocks at all. It's a man made area

• 6 months later...
On 6/30/2019 at 11:17 AM, bup1224 said:

If you are asking about the Infinity area at Renaissance,  no rocks at all. It's a man made area

Is the beach entrance to the ocean rocky? We went to a beach in Curacao back in 2018 and it was extremely rocky and very hard to enjoy.

5 minutes ago, bup1224 said:

Which beach?

If I remember correctly it was Playa Kenepa Grandi. All I know is I lost a flip flop in the ocean and it was pure sadness as they were my favorite flip flops. lol