Venice luggage storage

suzanneyoung

We (2 adults and 2 kids) get off the ship in Venice in the morning and due to flight changes we now leave at 7:30pm. I don't think it will be fun to drag our luggage around Venice. Seems like leaving at the port is not a good option since that is out of the way. Is it worth it to go to the airport to drop it off (are there lockers?) and then head into Venice?   Other  ideas?  Thanks!!!

There is storage at the airport but that would waste a lot of time :  20 minute drive each way, plus whatever time at the airport.

There is storage at Piazzale Roma.  If you can easily manage your luggage for a few blocks, you could walk from the pier to the People Mover ( monorail) for the 3 minute ride to P Roma, 1.5E.  The Left Luggage facility is close to the monorail exit.   https://www.trasbagagli.it/en/main#servizi

When you're ready to go to the airport, you could take a cab for 40E+  (if you can find one that for 4 pax) otherwise the ATVO airport express bus leaves from P Roma 3 times an hr , 20 minute ride for 8E.

Additional info in this link: https://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/vi-index.htm

Edited by mapleleaves

48 minutes ago, suzanneyoung said:

We (2 adults and 2 kids) get off the ship in Venice in the morning and due to flight changes we now leave at 7:30pm. I don't think it will be fun to drag our luggage around Venice. Seems like leaving at the port is not a good option since that is out of the way. Is it worth it to go to the airport to drop it off (are there lockers?) and then head into Venice?   Other  ideas?  Thanks!!!

I would recommend dropping your luggage at the Piazzale Roma facility (Cooperativa Trasbagagli Venezia) near the people mover.  You can tool around VCE during the day and then take a taxi from Piazzale Roma to Marco Polo.

Good info here: https://quickvenice.com/more/luggage.htm

17 hours ago, mapleleaves said:

There is storage at the airport but that would waste a lot of time :  20 minute drive each way, plus whatever time at the airport.

There is storage at Piazzale Roma.  If you can easily manage your luggage for a few blocks, you could walk from the pier to the People Mover ( monorail) for the 3 minute ride to P Roma, 1.5E.  The Left Luggage facility is close to the monorail exit.   https://www.trasbagagli.it/en/main#servizi

When you're ready to go to the airport, you could take a cab for 40E+  (if you can find one that for 4 pax) otherwise the ATVO airport express bus leaves from P Roma 3 times an hr , 20 minute ride for 8E.

Additional info in this link: https://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/vi-index.htm

I believe the Trasbagagli  service will move your luggage to the airport for you for a reasonable fee.  We used it in 2015 when we were there and it worked very well. You drop it off, tell them when your flight is and the luggage will be there about 2.5 hours before the flight. 

Vic

7 minutes ago, Victress2007 said:

I believe the Trasbagagli  service will move your luggage to the airport for you for a reasonable fee.  We used it in 2015 when we were there and it worked very well. You drop it off, tell them when your flight is and the luggage will be there about 2.5 hours before the flight. 

Vic

To the OP:

Indeed, they will transfer your luggage to Marco Polo for a fee (you can decide if the fee is reasonable for your group). You can request a quote by selecting "luggage transportation" here: 

https://www.trasbagagli.it/en/main#servizi

26 minutes ago, iancal said:

There is also a luggage storage facility at the train station (or there was two years ago).  Inexpensive.  Walk into the station, the left luggage to the left, right where the track hits the station.

Although there is, indeed, luggage storage at the train station, the Trasbagagli facility would be much more convenient for the OP as it is located in Piazzale Roma next to the people mover (no bridges to cross). The OP would need to schlep their luggage across the bridge to reach the train station.

True.  There were only two of us.  We only travel with a a rolling carry on each.  Plus, we were leaving by the overnight train to Naples so it was very convenient for us.

IF you use the train station storage you do need to pay attention to their signed hours of operation.

We travel reasonably light and will be able to move our luggage across bridges if that makes sense. Since we are going to the airport and not the train station I want to make it convenient to drop our bags after cruise and pick them up on the way to the airport. With the extra time we will likely take public transportation to the airport instead of a private water taxi.

Here is the response I received from Transbagagli: 

Hello! For this kind of service you have to contact the porters into the cruise terminal. You have to leave your bags to their luggage storage and then they'll deliver the bags at airport.  They can help you. Their contacts are: +39 41 5334734

e.mail: info@portabagaglidelporto.it

We have never bothered with a water taxi to the airport. In fact, on more than one occasion we have hopped on the local bus at the airport, and in P. Roma when going back to the airport.   We did not plan to do this, just saw the bus at the airport as we exited and decided to hop on.  Same with returning.  It was a bit of a fluke.  But again, there are only two of us with only carry ons.  This used to be included in the Venice passes but is not longer I believe. 

The train station is very close to where the buses and taxis are.  There is also an airport bus of some sort.  We have never taken it.  In most instances we are either picking up a rental car or taking a train to go somewhere.   When we have a very early flight, we would store our bags and then take a cab or the bus to a hotel close to the airport.

On 4/15/2019 at 11:02 AM, suzanneyoung said:

We travel reasonably light and will be able to move our luggage across bridges if that makes sense. Since we are going to the airport and not the train station I want to make it convenient to drop our bags after cruise and pick them up on the way to the airport. With the extra time we will likely take public transportation to the airport instead of a private water taxi.

Hello! For this kind of service you have to contact the porters into the cruise terminal. You have to leave your bags to their luggage storage and then they'll deliver the bags at airport.  They can help you. Their contacts are: +39 41 5334734

You can simply store you bags at Trasbagagli and then tool around Venice. You have options for getting to Marco Polo. In addition to the taxi, you can also take the ATVO "Venezia Express" from Piazzale Roma to the airport. Since your bags will be stored at the facility in Piazzale Roma, the ATVO bus is mere steps away - quite convenient and affordable (8 per person). Your luggage will be stowed in the dedicated compartment beneath the bus. From Venice for Visitors:

• To take the bus from Venice to the airport, buy a ticket at the ATVO storefront facing Piazzale Roma and take the red-and-white crosswalk to the center of the square, where you'll see signs for ATVO coaches to the Venice and Treviso airports. (A ticket machine is outside the office, on the sidewalk.) Alternatively, you can buy tickets at the newsstand near the buses, which is open every day except Sunday.

• Board the bus for Marco Polo Airport 

Info here: 

http://www.atvo.it/en-venice-airport.html

On 4/15/2019 at 11:02 AM, suzanneyoung said:

Have you had any luck getting a hold of them?

I received the same response from them and sent an email to the email address they provided and haven't received a response yet.

3 hours ago, NayaSantaFe said:

Have you had any luck getting a hold of them?

I received the same response from them and sent an email to the email address they provided and haven't received a response yet.

I have not heard back. However my HAL air fiasco continues (they booked our return 3000 miles from our house) so now we leave Venice at 1:30 and I have to pay for a hotel room in Rome that will be empty. I am thunking we may use pubkic watertaxi to go from port to airport taking our sweet time.