Legend Hawaii / Pier 2 shopping

I've never been on a cruise in Hawaii but we were in Honolulu in September 2017, so you can purchase beer/wine/liquor in a CVS or Longs pharmacy and also the Hawaiian ABC stores (many of those around), but they may be limited on selection.  If you're looking for a particular wine, I just Googled it and there are a few places that specialize in wines near the cruise terminal.  Attaching a screen shot listing the names and locations of those places. 

20190413_1352_WineHNL.JPG

3 hours ago, meluvtogocruise said:

Wow, that's awesome.  Thank you so much!  Originally from Pittsburgh here, we are also fans!

Small world, I AM from Pittsburgh (Greensburg to be exact).  We're in VA now (only 4 hours from the 'burg), but if we're out and about during football season wearing Steeler shirts, we've actually been asked if we are from there or just fans.  I hope you enjoy your Hawaiian cruise on Legend.  We loved Hawaii, so pretty. 

Walk out to Ala Moana Blvd. Catch Da Bus, get off at Ala Moana Center. Foodland Farms on lower level has a very large wine selection, along with a wine bar. You can catch the bus into Waikiki, then when tired of top end shopping, walk back to Ala Moana. I'm sure your cruise will have a info lecture and you can figure out The Bus. We just went to a flat daily rate but don't know fare.

Aloha

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update on the wine purchase in Honolulu...

ABC store directly across the the street from the hotel in Waikiki!  My DH strolled over there and picked up two bottles of barefoot for approximately 6 to 7 dollars a bottle.  One bottle was corked.  I didn't open that until we were off the ship. 

Thanks again for the great info everyone.  We had a fantastic cruise on the Legend.  A couple of first day wrinkles to iron out but after that ... SWEEEEEEET!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, meluvtogocruise said:

Just an update on the wine purchase in Honolulu...

ABC store directly across the the street from the hotel in Waikiki!  My DH strolled over there and picked up two bottles of barefoot for approximately 6 to 7 dollars a bottle.  One bottle was corked.  I didn't open that until we were off the ship. 

Thanks again for the great info everyone.  We had a fantastic cruise on the Legend.  A couple of first day wrinkles to iron out but after that ... SWEEEEEEET!

Thanks for the update!   When we were in Hawaii, we stayed in a hotel on Waikiki (Hilton Hawaiian Village) and loved those ABC stores.  There were two ABC stores within a short walking distance right along the main road and we discovered that there was actually one AT the resort a couple days later.  Lol!!!  I guess it would help to look over those maps they give you.  To be honest, I didn't think I'd like Oahu or Waikiki Beach, but I LOVED it and Oahu is just gorgeous once we got out of Honolulu.  We also visited Kauai and Maui.  So happy to hear you had a great time on your cruise after those wrinkles were ironed out.  🙂