Part XX - Installment Travelogue: Cruising With the Mothers, Maasdam - Shy

chesterh

This is part 20 in the story; part 70 in the series. Part 19 was published yesterday - it contains an index to the rest of the chapters (I am too lazy tonight to type it in again).

We've had spring-like conditions in New Hampshire for the last two weeks, but that's about to end. Snow is in the offing, and the commute on Monday is sure to be insane.

From the previous episode:

I felt pleased and somehow vindicated. As we left the theater, though, I was suddenly stricken with doubt once more.

“Time to see what our new dinner table will bring,” I said.

You just never know…

Part 20 (70) - Shy

Ah, the eye ache... You had me so absorbed by the rest of the cruise that I almost forgot about that!!!

I hope it didn't get any worse than this...

Host Doug can't you "make" Chesterh post more often???:D

The waiting is killing me!

Love the posts!

Chester, I could so imagine everything that went on in the dining room since we were on the Maasdam in July and Shy's station was right next to our section. He was not our waiter but he still knew who we were. Of course I totally understand the cork thing since we too have an Umbrella Cockatoo. Now the Eye thing is starting to worry me and hope you write another episode very soon.

Thanks for your hardwork and excellent writing.

Host Doug, it ain't over yet...

Lesley. he hasn't tried to strong-arm me yet.

Lisa, "Q" the cockatoo really made out as a result of this trip, as you'll see. Did you see the video I made about the bird dog?

I didn't want to drive you crazy, Krazy.

ger_77, you ain't kiddin'.

All the best,

chesterh

chesterh -

Are your chapters getting shorter or am I reading too fast? I got through this one in 1 minute 45 seconds. That is much too little time for the great enjoyment of your writing.

Bill

You noticed that too, LOL.

Chester, my foot is tapping here. When's the next chapter coming? Who me? Impatient?

• 2 weeks later...
Chester' date=' you might want to change the music on your ipod if it is causing searing pains to shoot through your head. ;) hehe[/size']

Still enjoying the story and can't wait to find out what is causing the pain. :)

:D Hi Janice, I know I'm crowding in on this conversation, but I've been looking for you. After the great time that we had on the Oosterdam last October I wanted to share that we have booked another cruise. Now you may or may not remember I said that I couldn't go on a cruise in 06 because DH wanted to go to Italy. Well, that's still true but I talked him into a Med/Greek Isle cruise aboard the Windstar. Big difference between the "O" and a small sailing ship, just hope there aren't too many "hard bodies" aboard, and the only place I can wear my bathing suit is in the shower!

One of the couples that were with us on the Mexican Riveria Cruise are going with us to the Med. Boy it's whole different game planning this trip, much more then looking for the best Margurita, and so far there's no one like Randy waiting to take us horseback riding. Looks like a lot of history, great for DH, my memory is so bad I hate to spend too much time listening to what happened hundreds of years ago or more, because the next morning I forgotten the good parts and still can't pronounce the names. :rolleyes: I know it will be fun, they still serve great food and drink aboard the ship. Have fun on your October Cruise and say hello to Rita for me. Shirley

Archived