Hotel in Copenhagen

We always stay at the Admiral Hotel. It's a converted granary several hundred years old with unique and--we think--fascinating architecture. Staff are friendly and helpful; rooms clean, quiet, comfortable and modern. Many of the things a tourist wants to see are within walking distance. Cruise port is not walkable, but the taxi fare is modest.

Edited by Mehroswitha
More info
  • Like 1

We stayed at the WakeUp Borgergade which is within walking distance of Stroget, Tivoli and Nyhavn, so the location was great.  It's a modern, affordable hotel with clean and comfortable (although somewhat small) rooms.  (Note:  The quieter rooms are on the upper floors and cost a bit more).  The breakfast buffet is huge and well worth the cost!  

We used public transportation to get from the airport and to Oceankaj -- it was not at all difficult and much cheaper than a taxi.  

Edited by GradUT

With an excellent and relatively cheap public transportation system, you can stay virtually anywhere in Copenhagen and still have easy access to all the sights.  For example, we're staying at the Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers, which is not even in the city proper.  But, it's one train stop from the airport and only about a ten minute train ride from the central rail station near Tivoli.  Look at the reviews for hotels in your price range on Trip Advisor and book what looks good.

22 hours ago, Mehroswitha said:

We always stay at the Admiral Hotel. It's a converted granary several hundred years old with unique and--we think--fascinating architecture. Staff are friendly and helpful; rooms clean, quiet, comfortable and modern. Many of the things a tourist wants to see are within walking distance. Cruise port is not walkable, but the taxi fare is modest.

It has been forever since I stayed at this hotel but when I did - I absolutely loved it. It remains one of my favorite all time hotels. I highly recommend also.