Pacific Princes Owner's and Penthouse Suites

Heartfelttraveler

We just booked our second owners suite on the Pacific Princess, yesterday, #6088. We were in #7114 in November and December for a month. Here is what I said in my review after we got back in December: 

"We just completed our third voyage on the Pacific Princess. Almost three months total sailing on this vessel. But this one was different, in that we booked our first full suite after over 650 days of sailing and had Club Class Dining. By far our greatest cruise ever from a cabin and dining standpoint. The main dining room (MDR) folks are exceptional. The high point for us on our two previous cruises on the Pacific Princess is that the main dining room service and cuisine had restored our faith in the MDRs. However, this time the Club Class dining at dinner and lunch as well as the suite breakfasts every morning we received in the Sabatini's restaurant on deck 10, elevated this experience to an entirely new high for us. Going up to the quiet Sabatini's restaurant in the morning and sitting at a table for two next to floor to ceiling windows providing a panoramic view of the sea was something we didn't expect. Between receiving this quality meal service and having an "Owners Suite" made this the best cruise.  The cabin was much larger than I had imagined it would be as well as the huge balcony in the stern, which overlooked the ship's wake. Not only that, a portion of the balcony was on the port corner so one could see forward on the port side as well as everything off the stern on the starboard side. We had booked this cabin due to my wife's sister being with us on the first segment, we wanted her to have her own toilet. Pictures on the walls in the suite even had individual lighting over the frames. This is the only Princess ship which has a half bathroom as well as a full sized one in the suites someone said, I doubt that though. Room service personnel and our steward, Teddy, were the best we have had throughout our cruising days."

As for best deck in the stern, probably Deck 7 is the best since it has cabins above and below. 7714 was taken this time so I chose the one below it, 6088. We made friends with the folks under us last time and they had no trouble with propeller shaft noise or rumble and either did we. Some reviews say that Deck 8 is under the outdoor buffet tables in the stern and they heard noise, however we talked to both parties above us who had no problems. 

I thought the four Penthouse Suites forward were identical to the six stern Owners Suites. But I see now they are a little smaller and consequently cheaper. They have 1,1/2 bathrooms. Someone said they could hear music from the Cabaret Lounge directly below the suites on Deck 6. One concern is the wind over the bow in those cabins. However you don't know until you try it. We were in a forward cabin on the Regal and the design of the forward superstructure allowed the wind to go up and over, even in a gale I could hardly feel it, sometimes it was worse in balcony cabins on the sides of the ship, I was pleased with those forward balconies.

• Like 1

We had an owners aft suite for a TransAtlantic - it was a rocky crossing and all of those closet doors kept opening and closing all night long and glasses ended up on the ground most nights.

The suite is gigantic however almost like having an apartment at sea - if you are on a less rocky cruise it would be great

We were in the owners suite cabin 6091 and thought it was best suite ever.  It was DH, DS and myself on a cruise to AK.  DS has his own bathroom but used our shower since his was a powder room.  Tons of room and storage.  Big table in cabin and on balcony.  Had UBD one night and it was fabulous.

I would book this cabin again and again!!  No noise issues from below either.  To us it was perfect.

Edited by cheeseclan

Oh, and I love the Pacific. We've been on her (or a sister ship) almost 10 times, I think, with another booked.

My live from is here: 

And my post about the suite was on the last page, post 60. I can't figure out how to link it directly. Please note, this was 10 years ago, so the suite amenities have changed. But I'd travel in this suite again in a heartbeat.

22 hours ago, kennicott said:

Here is 7114 in December. These suites are so large it is hard to take pictures and get most in.

2018---Pacific Princess  Meditteranean and TA 668.JPG

2018---Pacific Princess  Meditteranean and TA 670.JPG

2018---Pacific Princess  Meditteranean and TA 671.JPG

2018---Pacific Princess  Meditteranean and TA 672.JPG

Looks like there is new furniture since we sailed in OS 8067 back in July 2017 after drydock.

@kennicott

Are there still 4 chairs at the new table?

Is Club Class Dining truly Anytime now?

It was not when we sailed, but did have  30 minute leeway from 5 pm and 7:30 pm Traditional Dining times.

Norway_Cruise_2017_13_Pacific_Princess_Cabin8067_11.jpg

9 minutes ago, shirazcruiser said:

kennicott, thank you for the photos of the OS showing the bed facing the ocean. I've only been able to find one video of a forward Pacific Penthouse and it looks like the bed faces inward towards a tv near the bathroom.  Is this the case with all Pacific PS cabins?

Good question, I've never looked in a penthouse cabin though. Actually I never thought about which way the bed faced until the cruise was almost over, then I realized we were diagonal. Some talk about the cabinets creaking in rough seas. We didn't have any rough but one or two cabinets would creak, fixed that easily, I think I laid an edge of a thin shirt or something under the doorsill. Haw.   

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, cflutist said:

Looks like there is new furniture since we sailed in OS 8067 back in July 2017 after drydock.

@kennicott

Are there still 4 chairs at the new table?

Is Club Class Dining truly Anytime now?

It was not when we sailed, but did have  30 minute leeway from 5 pm and 7:30 pm Traditional Dining times.

Norway_Cruise_2017_13_Pacific_Princess_Cabin8067_11.jpg

Yes, four chairs. Plus one at each of the desks, plus a few more, not counting what is out on the balcony.

Earlier comments on club class----Asking about why they want you to chose seating times.  

"They do that all the time when you book a full suite on the Pacific Princess, they ask what you want early or late. They advertise "anytime" when you are Club Class. When you get on though your cruise card shows "Club Class" and not the seating time, like other cards do. Also, the wait staff tells you it makes no difference, come when you want. I believe they continue to do that in order to get some sort of handle on how to program the kitchen staff. In other words they want to know how many in Club Class they can expect on average for early and late. My guess only."

"Looking at my cruise card right now, received in November and December. Upper right hand corner it says "Muster Station  B" directly below that it says "Suite".
At the bottom of the card in the middle it says:  "Table:  CLUB CLASS---- Note, the club class  is in caps on the card, not me exaggerating." 

25 minutes ago, shirazcruiser said:

kennicott, thank you for the photos of the OS showing the bed facing the ocean. I've only been able to find one video of a forward Pacific Penthouse and it looks like the bed faces inward towards a tv near the bathroom.  Is this the case with all Pacific PS cabins?

It appears that the beds in the PH suites do face away from the ocean. We booked one this time on deck 7 to try something new and to see where we are going.

In 2017 we were in OS 8067 where we didn't like the vibration felt from the engines (one night the fruit bowl almost vibrated off the table) and there was early morning noise from furniture being dragged around the buffet seating above. We tried to get an OS on deck 7 for our 18-night Midnight Sun cruise in Norway,  but they were already sold 5 minutes after the bookings opened,  so 8067 was our 3rd choice,  crazy isn't it. 

20190417_223547.jpg

1 minute ago, cflutist said:

It appears that the beds in the PH suites do face away from the ocean. We booked one this time on deck 7 to try something new and to see where we are going.

In 2017 we were in OS 8067 where we didn't like the vibration felt from the engines (one night the fruit bowl almost vibrated off the table) and there was early morning noise from furniture being dragged around the buffet seating above. We tried to get an OS on deck 7 for our 18-night Midnight Sun cruise in Norway,  but they were already sold 5 minutes after the bookings opened,  so 8067 was our 3rd choice,  crazy isn't it. 

Thanks for the info on both the OS vibration and the PS bed location. DH said we'll have to book a CC mini-suite. Oh how I'll miss the Suite breakfast in Sabatini's.

Another way to assess whether the stern noise level is excessive in the two OS suites (and the two Minis) on Deck 6 is to consider that the Club Restaurant is directly below these cabins.

On our last cruise we ate in Club Class, which is located as far forward in the restaurant as you can get, on the starboard side. However, we have been on the Pacific Princess on two other cruises, about a month's duration each, during which we ate dinner both times about as far aft as you can get in that restaurant. No noise or vibration problems at all. But that is our opinion, here is the judgement of a professional cruise evaluator:  "The other surprisingly pleasing feature of the Club Restaurant was the exceptional acoustics. Our expectation that the noise level might reach hard to hear and converse levels simply did not happen, even on the final nights."