Gem Bakery

cruiser1955a

18 hours ago, tomk3212 said:

YES!!!  When we did our daily walks around on the Gem we just LOVE smelling the baked goods being baked!!!

It's something we miss on the newer ships when we go walking!

Enjoy your cruise & the smells!

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have photos of the cakes in the bakery? It’s my daughters birthday and I don’t want the cake they give you when you buy the cabin decorations, I’ve heard it’s not so good. I’ve had really good cakes from Carnival’s bakery, and I was hoping NCL had something similar.

thanks,

Christina

23 hours ago, christinalvt said:

Does anyone have photos of the cakes in the bakery? It’s my daughters birthday and I don’t want the cake they give you when you buy the cabin decorations, I’ve heard it’s not so good. I’ve had really good cakes from Carnival’s bakery, and I was hoping NCL had something similar.

thanks,

Christina

They do not.

The "celebration" cakes are well-intended, and certainly great if you like more whipped-cream type frosting. 

However...if you talk to the guest services desk, you can pre-order a specific dessert that is more to your liking. 

Not liking chocolate and not eating dairy, my hubby didn't want to order and waste a standard anniversary cake (same as birthday cake), so he arranged a "fruit-cake" for me....almond tuiles, fresh fruit drizzled with chocolate sauce spelling "happy birthday" - it was lovely and personal.