Travel time from Rome to Civitavecchia by private transfer

lia_b

Hello,

I am trying to schedule the transfer pick up time from our hotel near Piazza Navona in Rome to the port for our upcoming cruise in May.  What is the reasonable travel time on a Monday. We want to check-in about 2 p.m.   I have seen anywhere from 60 minutes to two hours. I know traffic can be unpredictable but hopefully I can get a better idea from those who have already gone this route.

Thank you.

Once you get free of the city traffic, the drive is about an hour from Rome to Civitavecchia. The problem is that city traffic can take a while. Lots of traffic during the day, many one-way streets in the center. I'd allow about 90 minutes. It could take slightly less, but probably not much.

You'll probably get the best answer from the company you use for the transfer.  The last time we did that run I think we allowed 75 minutes but flew through the outskirts of Rome so did it in less.  But a few years ago we got caught in traffic and it took closer 90.  If you tell the taxi firm you want to arrive at a set time they should be able to advise on a pick up time.