Linking reservations

3shar

We are sailing on Harmony. There are 5 of us. For some reason Royal Carribean breaks it into 2 reservations of 4 people and 1. I linked the reservation on the site and they both show. When I go to book anything as far as excursions It wants me to type in my sons separate reservation number every time. Shouldn't this be linked already? Does this mean I have to do this every time I want to book shows etc? 

You shouldn't do it every time.  One you add the second reservation, it will always be there.  When you book on cruise planner, you will see the 4 people on the original reservation.  Under it, you will see "Add Guests from Another Reservation" and your son's name should be there.

11 minutes ago, 3shar said:

It seems ridiculous that families have to book everything separately....I imagine there are many families with more than 4 people

We are a family of 5. about a month ago I did my bookings for Shore excursions, dining (MDR and specialty) and beverages.  In all, I got the 4 members from the 1st reservation, and right below the 5th member from the 2nd reservation (in this case its my wife) listed under "Previously Added Guests".

To make sure, I just went to the cruise planner and tried adding a reservation and it worked just as I said.

About 8 months ago, I booked a Presidential Family Suite for 8 of us.  It was a family cruise for my daughter, her kids, and the grandparents.  We had to break up the reservations into 2 reservations of 4, placing 2 adults and 2 children into each reservation although we were all in the same cabin.  When it came to making reservations for dinner, shows, etc., it was the same thing all over, 2 reservations, multiple co-ordination over a "Royal rule" of no more than 4 people on a reservation, or something to that effect.  A real pain in the *#%% getting everything coordinated.  Hours spent between the TA and time personally to make sure we were at the same table at dinner, breakfast, shows, etc.  

You would think that if you spent a whole  bunch of $$ for a trip that Royal would be able to help out.....NOT!

It's been 8 months, I'm still a bit upset.