GTY suite and Star class

I originally booked our family in a room with a large balcony. I've been keeping an eye on prices and noticed last week that there was  GTY Royal suite option on the website for $200 more total. If I picked my own, only grand suites and above were available. I ordered over the phone and the rep said the junior suites were sold out as of then, but I know from reading the boards that usually you get a junior suite.

I noticed today on our set sail passes, that it says "Sky Class" and deck 6 (our original room was on deck 8 ) below our names and muster at E02, but room is still GTY. There are some grand suites still available online I see. Is there a chance our set sail passes will change, or is the deck and class "assigned" before the room number?  If we do get a Grand Suite that is on deck 6, could we change to 8, if it was available?  

You should be able to move to another available room in the same category once you are assigned a room.

That being said, with Royal Up raking in the cash for them, the odds of someone else in a JS not bidding for a GS is pretty slim. In that case, they will take their money, give them a GS and free up the JS for the GTY rooms. Not sure if you've got access to Royal UP or not, but you might look to see if theres a cheap GS bid you could make and seal the deal now. 

5 minutes ago, fsjosh said:

You should be able to move to another available room in the same category once you are assigned a room.

That being said, with Royal Up raking in the cash for them, the odds of someone else in a JS not bidding for a GS is pretty slim. In that case, they will take their money, give them a GS and free up the JS for the GTY rooms. Not sure if you've got access to Royal UP or not, but you might look to see if theres a cheap GS bid you could make and seal the deal now. 

If there set sail passes are saying sky class, that would be at least a GS as JS are sea class.

30 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

If there set sail passes are saying sky class, that would be at least a GS as JS are sea class.

I want to say someone else had the same situation and still ended up with a JS. Until the room number is assigned, it's all fluid. 

• Like 1

Our website set sail pass says "sky" under suite too. The Royal up says 400 min bid per person to get a grand suite, which hopefully, maybe we have already. Who knows and 60 days to wait. I just wondered if those who did the gty suites noticed if they populated your set sail pass a bit at a time or of it changed completely while waiting.