So many 1st for our family: RCL, Symphony, Aqua Theatre Suite, Royal Genie!

Wow. how fun. I know exactly what you mean about tears of joy upon seeing the room. I felt the same upon my upgrade in Haven on NCL. I keep looking at these cabins bc I would like to bring my grown kids and grandkids. They really look amazing. I am not one who cares about towel animals.... but wow!!!! Thanks for the great photos.

• Like 1

I’m not familiar with the NCL haven  but I’m glad you had that great emotional experience too.  It’s really hard to explain... I mean it’s just a room... but I will always remember our initial reaction!  

Especially next year when when we are not in that room 😢

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thegraminator said:

I've  really  enjoyed  your  review !   Thank  you  for  sharing !    Love  love  love  the pictures !   The smiles  on the kids  faces are priceless !    This  is  definitely  a trip  you  will  never  forget . 

Thanks and between you and me...I still have that giddy feeling!!! 😁.  

On 4/26/2019 at 4:01 PM, Zendeck said:

So many 1st for our family: RCL, Symphony (4/13-4/20/19), Miami, Aqua Theatre Suite, Last minute bid up to Star level with Genie!  

We are a family of 5, Mom and Dad that both work stressful full time jobs in order to take our 3 boys (18, 15, 11) on wonderful vacations each year. This was the year of many 1st!**  For the past 6 years we have cruised on Disney Cruise Lines-DCL out of Port Canaveral and we absolutely loved cruising as a family but last year we all agreed it was time for something new.  The only negative 1st is that my oldest would not be traveling with us on the Symphony this year, but hopefully he will be able to make it next year for our Mediterranean cruise on Allure.  The remaining 1st are all positive……….  

**I became a cruise critic stalker and learned everything I could about the RCL way (thank you and you know who you all are!).  **I booked the Symphony of the Seas last April 2018 for April 2019 school vacation. **I booked Suite class,,,,never could afford it on DCL and my husband was not completely sold on the 6,000 friends that we would be sailing with so I figured Suite level would give us the option of hanging with less friends should it be too much for him.  **I booked the one bedroom Aqua Theatre Suite,,,,I’m thinking that folks don’t want others to know how awesome those suites are because I didn’t read many positive reviews……FYI- they are awesome unless you don’t like lounging out on a huge deck that provides both privacy and entertainment? Last but by no means not least,,,,,,,,**I did this crazy ‘bid up’ thing that everyone was chatting about on the boards….what the heck, I want to play,,,,,but it won’t happen for us, we are the family that misses ships due to Noreaster’s shutting down the whole Northeast, or misses flights due to having liquid medicine for a 5 year old that needed packed ice but the ice was melted from the ships fridge so now appeared to be something that could be used to make a bomb which caused us to get delayed in a very special security line, or has a kid that breaks bones prior to family vacations (the collarbone was the most challenging vacation!)…..real stuff here folks!  Anyway, we always manage around these obstacles and we’ve got great character 😉 because of them.  My point being that when **I received the email on Thursday prior to our cruise departure on Saturday that we were being upgraded to the 2 bedroom Aqua Theatre -Star Level Suite that includes a bleeping Genie……I seriously couldn’t stop the giddiness and had to try to maintain some level of professionalism for the remainder of that work day!  Seriously folks, remember we are newbies here, I spent the last year taking tips from you all on purchasing drink pkg on Black Friday (check),,,,,,purchasing BOGO so we could experience the fine dining (check),,,,,,,,,,booking Coastal Kitchen every night with my Concierge just in case because it’s easier to cancel if we don’t want it (check),,,,,,,,booking all the shows as soon as possible (check),,,,,,,,,,,booking this great sushi making class that got great reviews on the CC boards (check),,,,,,,,,,,and well I didn’t use you all for excursions as I did learn a thing or two from the Disney Boards over the years so I had all my private excursions booked too!  So now I have a Genie that I know very little about and I have to do some quick maneuvering to see if I actually can get a refund on my purchases that if I understood correctly are now INCLUDED! 

Love your excitement.  That's what vacations are suppose to be... Fun.  Family.  

• Like 1