So many 1st for our family: RCL, Symphony, Aqua Theatre Suite, Royal Genie!

16 minutes ago, tcmagnum said:

Love your excitement.  That's what vacations are suppose to be... Fun.  Family.  

Thanks!  Cruising definitely works for our family because everyone’s own agenda needs are met!

We often joke using the term FFF....FORCED FAMILY FUN.  That term is never used when we are cruising! 😁

What a beautiful family! Thank you for sharing with us! It is an incredible feeling when you walk into one of those suites. They are fantastic & there are no words for how wonderful the Genies are! We will be in a 2 Bedroom Aqua Suite on Harmony in Sept. We have always been on the 17th floor. We are super excited to try the Aqua suite!

Thank you!  It’s such a great suite! The deck is truly amazing.  I thought we would spend more time on the private ocean side,,,, but we so enjoyed watching shows, the performers rehearsals, and movies and the aft facing view was heavenly!

Best wishes to you for a wonderful Cruise!!!

Hi np! I bid the max which was 600/1200 per room/2 adults.  My thought process was that covered our adult bev pkgs, our children’s refreshment  pkgs, and our Bogo!  Win/win!

i promise you.... you will love it!  Go for it!!!

• Like 1

I will add that when we first arrived the tv said ‘welcome xx family’  ..,another families name.... we never said anything but noticed it said our name when we got home that same night.

We also noticed on the second night that our original 1 Bdrm Aqua theatre suite was occupied .... so the bidding system seemed to be working or maybe someone was just upgraded.

2 hours ago, Zendeck said:

.... so the bidding system seemed to be working or maybe someone was just upgraded.

Not likely that someone was upgraded for free.  The Royal Up program probably earned Royal a few hundred dollars more revenue, and someone was extremely happy to enjoy a 1BR ATS...win/win!

Thanks for your review.  I've been very tempted to try Star Class but am afraid that I could never sail in anything less after doing it once. 😀

3 hours ago, Zendeck said:

Hi np! I bid the max which was 600/1200 per room/2 adults.  My thought process was that covered our adult bev pkgs, our children’s refreshment  pkgs, and our Bogo!  Win/win!

i promise you.... you will love it!  Go for it!!!

Well I just raised my offer. I won't go the Max because that is $1,400 pp ($2,800) total. The more I read, the more excited I get. The only other disadvantage to the Mediterranean schedule is that there are 5 port days in a row. We will be spending a lot of time off of the ship, so we will not be able to enjoy the suite as much as possible. First world problems!  LOL  🙂 

3 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Not likely that someone was upgraded for free.  The Royal Up program probably earned Royal a few hundred dollars more revenue, and someone was extremely happy to enjoy a 1BR ATS...win/win!

Thanks for your review.  I've been very tempted to try Star Class but am afraid that I could never sail in anything less after doing it once. 😀

That was our problem. A few years ago, we were booked in a JS on the Oasis. A week before the cruise, an agent called me and offered us an upgrade to a Crown Loft for $500 total. They didn't have to ask me twice. We can't go back to a normal cabin anymore. We have been in Crown Loft or Owner's Suites ever since. Would love to try to 2BR ATS if our bid is accepted. If not, we will be fine in the Crown Loft. Royal knew what they were doing when they gave us that $500 offer. Suite life for life!  We love spending our kids inheritance! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Agree we are ruined!  I got us a 2 bedroom grand suite for next year because I don’t want to go back to 5 in one room!!!  I couldn’t swing STAR level!  The boys said they are bringing their STAR card with them next yr but I’m sure it will get confiscated!!!! 🤣

3 hours ago, Paul in Phoenix said:

Well I just raised my offer. I won't go the Max because that is $1,400 pp ($2,800) total. The more I read, the more excited I get. The only other disadvantage to the Mediterranean schedule is that there are 5 port days in a row. We will be spending a lot of time off of the ship, so we will not be able to enjoy the suite as much as possible. First world problems!  LOL  🙂 

I’m thinking yours is more $ due to Med.  I really hope you get it!  You will need to lay out on that deck after those long port days!!!!  Good luck!  We are trying Med next yr and my challenge will be finding tours appropriate for kids short attention spans but still educational and amazing!  I’ll read up on these boards.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2019 at 12:01 PM, Marbel69 said:

You are a great storyteller and I loved your review and pictures.  

Thanks, it was not a typical review.... just sort of blurted out the unique experiences hoping to help others.  I learn so much on these boards so wanted to provide some insight where I could.

Thanks! I enjoyed your review, and found myself getting caught up in your excitement! We were on Symphony the week of April 27, and I don’t think my post cruise depression has set in yet because I’m still too excited about what a great week we had on that beautiful ship!

19 hours ago, perfect match said:

Thanks! I enjoyed your review, and found myself getting caught up in your excitement! We were on Symphony the week of April 27, and I don’t think my post cruise depression has set in yet because I’m still too excited about what a great week we had on that beautiful ship!

Glad you had a wonderful time.  I see you’re a DCL fan.  Will you be cruising on another oasis class?  We definitely are, we loved all of the activities.  If my kids were still small I would go back, but with older kids this will be a good fit for awhile.

2 hours ago, Zendeck said:

Glad you had a wonderful time.  I see you’re a DCL fan.  Will you be cruising on another oasis class?  We definitely are, we loved all of the activities.  If my kids were still small I would go back, but with older kids this will be a good fit for awhile.

Yes, we are Disney fans. We started our cruise addiction on DCL, and have done 5 cruises with them.  We have since branched out to Princess, HAL, and, of course, RCCL.  We have now done 3 cruises on Oasis class ships, 2 on Oasis, and our most recent on Symphony.  Our next cruise will be our smallest ship yet, Brilliance, sailing out of Tampa.  I guess we like variety. Now that Harmony has moved to Port Canaveral, we are hoping to sail on her.  We are also hoping to get back on a Disney ship again before too much longer, but I’m not sure when we can make that happen. So many ships, so little time! Such a nice problem to have!

Edited by perfect match
  • Like 1