Hot Logic Mini Allowed On Board?

_alan_

Hello, while this might not be needed on a cruise, I often travel with a device called Hot Logic Mini.  It's basically used in situations where you want a hot meal but you may be somewhere where there is no microwave or the microwave in the hotel is just plain gross.  

So, my question is, should I fathom that I might want to take it along, have you heard if Viking prohibits it or not?

https://www.amazon.com/HotLogic-Mini-Personal-Portable-Oven/dp/B00EC7XJ28

Quite simply, I would be surprised if any cruise line would permit this, so my answer is 'no'.

Similarly, I don't think travel irons of personal hair dryers are permitted.  

At the end of the day, if you want a hot meal why not simply order in?  We've found the food onboard is fine, and even ordering in is really good.

For those that have been on an ocean cruise, food, especially hot food, is the last thing you should worry about. We have found Viking room service is very good and the food was delivered fast and it was”hot”😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Like I said I doubted that I would need it.  I just wanted to know what the policy was.  Thanks for pointing it out.  I like to travel with this when travelling domestically.  

1 hour ago, flashfearless said:

Like I said I doubted that I would need it.  I just wanted to know what the policy was.  Thanks for pointing it out.  I like to travel with this when travelling domestically.  

No problem.

I was just reacting to this issue coming up frequently, so you’re not alone.

It tells me that cruise lines need to emphasize prohibited items more.

Have a great cruise!

• Like 1

On 4/29/2019 at 8:52 AM, Jim Avery said:

Reminds me of this one time on Princess when a sport tried to bring his fishing gear onboard.  Wanted to fish from his balcony......😳

Same thing observed on Viking Sky, San Juan PR to Barcelona.  Saw the fellow at disembarkation and asked if he caught anything.  He said no, was never able to even unpack his gear as ship was going too fast for trolling 😆

• Haha 2

I personally plan to bring my crock pot and small hibachi for grilling on the balcony. Also the hammock, a small wading pool (why go all the way up to the pool), and a tow line and water skis for when we are underway.  😉😁

(Yes, this is a joke post and not to be taken seriously by anyone who has had their sense of humor surgically removed.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/28/2019 at 10:05 PM, flashfearless said:

Hello, while this might not be needed on a cruise, I often travel with a device called Hot Logic Mini.  It's basically used in situations where you want a hot meal but you may be somewhere where there is no microwave or the microwave in the hotel is just plain gross.  

So, my question is, should I fathom that I might want to take it along, have you heard if Viking prohibits it or not?

https://www.amazon.com/HotLogic-Mini-Personal-Portable-Oven/dp/B00EC7XJ28

I can't imagine why you would bring this for the cruise but maybe it is for you stay before or after the cruise.  At any rate, I had a friend travel with Viking and they had something Viking was wondering about in their bag and the bag was not delivered to the cabin so they had to go and get it when they received notification.  Among questioning about said item the bag was released to them.  If they don't want you to have it in the cabin you might have to relinquish it during the cruise and claim it before departure.  I'm not with Viking and don't speak for them but you might try Tellus@vikingcruises.com.  I looked this up on Youtube and it seems like it wuld take up a lot of luggage room.  Of couse I guess you could fill it during travel and not loose the space.

6 hours ago, Homosassa said:

I personally plan to bring my crock pot and small hibachi for grilling on the balcony. Also the hammock, a small wading pool (why go all the way up to the pool), and a tow line and water skis for when we are underway.  😉😁

(Yes, this is a joke post and not to be taken seriously by anyone who has had their sense of humor surgically removed.)

On a serious note, but sounds like a joke,

Did a TA repositioning cruise Lisbon, Portugal to Sao Paulo, Brazil in 2011 on RCI.  Prices of goods (TVs, clothing, etc.) in Brazil was sky high compared to Europe and inside staterooms for 14 day cruise was only about $300.  Pax were about 80% Brazilian and were showing up at the port in hired box trucks full of their "luggage".  In Lisbon we watched from our veranda as crew loaded what seemed to be over a hundred flat screen tvs, small appliances, "bales" of clothing, etc.  We were over an hour late departing waiting for everything to be loaded from dock to ship.  Crew member told me that several families would chip in on an extra inside cabin and used them as communal storage for the goods back to Brazil.  The cruise was cheaper than return air fare for the people as well as the shipping for the goods.

On 4/29/2019 at 11:22 PM, Jim Avery said:

Reminds me of this one time on Princess when a sport tried to bring his fishing gear onboard.  Wanted to fish from his balcony......😳

But wouldn’t it be great if we could.....😂

Edited by Pushka
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ropomo said:

In Lisbon we watched from our veranda as crew loaded what seemed to be over a hundred flat screen tvs, small appliances, "bales" of clothing, etc. 

I have noticed that somewhere in the cruise paperwork (terms and conditions or elsewhere) that many of the cruise lines now specifically mention that household appliances are not allowed to brought onto the ship.