TV Channels

NauticalMiss

Hi, we have never watched TV whilst on a cruise - well on any holiday - but I've just found out that the conclusion of the current series of Line of Duty is on next Sunday whilst we're on Oceana. Can anyone tell me if BBC1 is available in the Greek Islands area? And what the time difference is likely to be?

TIA 😊 

I am also on a cruise next Sunday, although not with P&O

I intend to record Line of Duty, and watch it when I get back. For the duration of the holiday I will stay off all social media, just in case I accidentally find out what happens.

19 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

BBC HD is on all P&O ships and they do show some BBC programmes i.e. Eastenders/Holby City and others but not on same day/time as broadcasted in UK dont know what other programmes are shown and how recent.

BBC HD, (High Definition), wow things have improved.😊

Edited by P-L-B

1 hour ago, docco said:

BBC HD is a very poor substitute for the BBC we know and love.  At least the news coverage is better than the amateurish attempts by Sky though. 

Unless I am missing something BBC HD is a general name given to all BBC High Definition Channels BBC 1 HD, BBC 2 HD etc. and is not specific to a particular BBC channel?

It’s more likely due to technical reasons that the ships will limited to distribute SD channels to their cabin TV’s

EDIT: 

Apologies, after a quick google I have found this.

BBC Worldwide has announced today the launch of a global entertainment channel, BBC HD, the company’s first channel produced exclusively for cruise ships and the wider maritime market.

Having said that I don’t think it actually broadcasts in High Definition.

Needless to say we hardly ever use the in cabin TV when cruising. :classic_smile:

Edited by P-L-B

18 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I am also on a cruise next Sunday, although not with P&O

I intend to record Line of Duty, and watch it when I get back. For the duration of the holiday I will stay off all social media, just in case I accidentally find out what happens.

This is what we've decided to do. We've never watched TV in the cabin & have decided it's not that important anyway.  We can watch it when we get back to the UK. Thanks; enjoy your cruise. 

12 minutes ago, NauticalMiss said:

This is what we've decided to do. We've never watched TV in the cabin & have decided it's not that important anyway.  We can watch it when we get back to the UK. Thanks; enjoy your cruise. 

For me it's the news access that's important.

We were out of the UK at a particularly critical time for Brexit, an awful lot was going on, and for several days we had no access to any of the TV channels.  Might have suited some, but for us it was a nightmare not knowing what was going on politically. A complete new blackout might suit some people, but not us!

1 hour ago, NauticalMiss said:

We take the same view as you regarding watching TV in our cabin.

We generally don’t spend much time in our cabin especially if it’s an inside cabin.

Of course we may spend more time in our cabin if it has a balcony but only to admire the views.

We much prefer to be out and about.🙂