shuttle service

zship

On 4/29/2019 at 4:25 PM, zship said:

Does Seabourn provide shuttle service into the center of town in ports where it is a long walk ?

There has been Seabourn shuttle bus service in every port we visited where the ship was docked a fair distance from downtown.  Usually running every 30 mins.  SB even offered shuttles from the ship to the port entrance when the ship was a considerable walk from the entrance.  I really appreciate Seabourn providing these shuttles since  I have one bad knee limiting the number of steps I can take in a day.

Info for anyone who may be searching this subject in the future, since OP apparently doesn't wish to assist by telling us their ports. This makes it difficult for posters who are trying to help. 🤐

Anyway, ports that I have visited with SB that a shuttle was not provided include at least two in Mexico plus two in Guatemala.  The provision of shuttles is likely fluid so always best to check here by specifying ports and asking for recent experiences. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 4/29/2019 at 4:25 PM, zship said:

Does Seabourn provide shuttle service into the center of town in ports where it is a long walk ?

Short answer is YES.  SB is really good about taking care of us old broken down passengers 🙂  That's been my experience over my 200+ days on SB. 

That being said, the shuttle is case by case for each port of call. Juneau Alaska for example: we stopped there 3 times on 3 cruises.  Twice we docked at the central pier 100 feet from downtown - no shuttle.  Once we docked at the end of the long pier and SB offered a shuttle to the entrance of downtown.  In Le Harve France, we docked short of the big highway draw bridge about 1 mile out of downtown and there were shuttle buses running ever 30 mins. (I was told by the captain it is possible to dock much closer to downtown Le Harve but any labor disputes shuts down the draw bridge and we were in France during a nationwide railroad strike.)   In NYC it depends if SB docks in Brooklyn (shuttle) or the main port in NYC near Hell's Kitchen (no shuttle).  I hope this helps.

Free information is worth what you pay for it 🙂