Pixels photo package

phoneman69

Why they cannot get a better package like the other lines I fail to understand. I was on Celebrity earlier in year and all the pictures were sent as a link once we got off the ship and was on Royal where I got a thumb drive with all my photos. 

I did get in on "the package" that carnival ran for about 3 weeks for my summer cruise and my kids used it to the max - But I agree that was over whelming,

I bought the 5 pictures and the canvas on my last cruise this winter but felt it was a waste. Please there must be something in the middle that would be better than what they currently have and what the could not sustain! There are plenty of smart people who work for this company who can figure something out...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JQTravels said:

You would think they would do like a $150 digital cd or drive or link to your pictures.  They would make a lot more money.  Your pictures are destroyed after leaving the cruise.

Yes!  We paid $200 for the digital photo package at Disney and it was beyond worth it - every single picture we took at the parks!  I wouldn't hesitate to do the same for Carnival.

41 minutes ago, jcole817 said:

Yes!  We paid $200 for the digital photo package at Disney and it was beyond worth it - every single picture we took at the parks!  I wouldn't hesitate to do the same for Carnival.

I would definitely do that if we took enough pictures to justify it. 

When I read the instructions it says you collect all of your pictures and take them to the checkout and they place them in a folder and put them on a thumb drive for you at the end of the cruise. Did any of you collect your pictures and have them placed in a folder?

I didn’t get a thumb drive - in fact I wanted digital copies and they were not very helpful. This is my experience. Better value would have been to buy them digitally for $15 a picture and you have them on your phone when 

you leave the cruise. Go to Costco and make an actual hangable canvas for a fraction of the price and you are done. Much better value!

Maybe one day they will surprise us all again with some package - I have never spent as much as a package on pictures straight up and will continue that trend. 

• Like 1

I have never purchased the package before, but I purchased it for our next cruise because you will be able to receive your pictures digital, but for social media only, not to reproduce. This is what it says in the package: 

• Photos should be collected daily and given to photo staff to place in your dedicated folder.
  • All photos collected throughout the cruise must be picked up on the last sea day before 1pm to allow time for digital images to be burned.
  • Any images taken on the last evening of the cruise will be available in print format only and will not include the digital image

We had a sitting on Elegant night on the Dream this Feb.  Didn't know what we were doing until after the fact.  The following night we sat with the photographer.  He took over 100 pictures of us together and solo.  The pictures were very nice!  They wanted over $1000 for the package.  We ended up buying only 3 photos for $150.  DH wanted them.

4 hours ago, Anyislandwilldo said:

We had a sitting on Elegant night on the Dream this Feb.  Didn't know what we were doing until after the fact.  The following night we sat with the photographer.  He took over 100 pictures of us together and solo.  The pictures were very nice!  They wanted over $1000 for the package.  We ended up buying only 3 photos for $150.  DH wanted them.

Dream studios are totally separate picture business - If you love pictures and love spending  that is the way to go!