Zip Lining in Belize vs Roatan

Repeates

Hi,  just curious if anyone here has zip lined in Belize and Roatan, and could recommend which one is better?  We want to do a private tour in Belize to include Cave Tubing and possibly zip lining.  We will be traveling with four older teens and it seems like that could be something fun for the whole family .  There is also zip lining in Roatan, so I wasn't sure if we should do that there instead.  We also love to see wildlife and would really enjoy seeing monkeys, but realize that we will be pressed for time in one day.  Any insight to your experience with zip ling in Belize would be appreciated.  We will be traveling towards the end of June.  Thanks! 

As I recall there is only 1 zip line near the cavetubing site.  Not the best, but okay.

Roatan has 4 or 5 different zip line sites, with Pirates of the Caribbean and south Shore Canopy being the better ones. Pirates has several courses of varying heights. South Shore goes over deep canyons and has some great vistas. Both close enough to West bay to also give opportunity for snorkeling or beach time.

• Like 1

Travel time to the cave tubing/ziplining place in Belize is about 60-75 minutes each way.  But you can do both on same tour as the place, Jaguar Paw, has both facilites.

Roatan has several ziplines, as crewsweeper said, but may not be any quicker depending which one you do.  Roatan has amazing snorkeling, so if that's something you want to do, I would do it at Roatan, zipline at Belize.  

• Like 1

We did the cavetubing/zipline through Carnival in Belize and also through Carnival, the zipline/beach in Roatan.  The zipline with cavetubing in Belize was lame.  The line were very short and low to the ground in my opinion.  The zipline in Roatan that ends at the beach was great though.  Kind of a rough truck ride up the mountain but well worth it.

• Like 1