MSC web site

frannie

What is with their web site . Every time i check on a cruise i get a different rate or pricing .

I check several times in a day same ship same date same category and get a different amount . 

for cruise and port fees 

When you see a date for a particular cruise you can click on it and instead of clicking on “Select” you can click on “See all pricing and details” and the next page will give you various prices depending on what is included. 

30 minutes ago, frannie said:

What is with their web site . Every time i check on a cruise i get a different rate or pricing .

I check several times in a day same ship same date same category and get a different amount . 

for cruise and port fees 

At least you'll have your own canadian MSC site from tomorrow apparently

Edited by ikea logistics
  • Like 1

The rate that comes up depends on how you looked up the sailing and it can be unclear what causes the different rates to appear.  If you use the "Plan ans Book" search function it will display the sailings with best price.  If you click on one of the rolling promotion headers at the top of the home page it will show resulting prices for that promotion/rate.  It also make a difference if you are logged into your Voyagers account as it will automatically take off the 5% from the rates if you are logged in.  As cellfree stated it is best to click on the "See All Pricing and Details" tab so you can be sure what promotions/rates you are looking at, the actual cabin booking page doesn't always show this clearly.

29 minutes ago, frannie said:

I do not see plan and book

The US MSC home page is basically the Plan and Book page.  Along the top you have "Cruise Deals'", "Destinations"..."Web Check In".  If you select any of those and go to any of those page pages you will then see the "Plan and Book" as a new header choice.  If you click that it basically just takes you back to the home page where you use the search area to select destination dates and embarkation port.  A search from that home (plan & book) page gives results by lowest price, unless you pick "See All Pricing and Details" which shows all the available promotions/rates for that sailing. 

Edited by Até

4 hours ago, Até said:

The rate that comes up depends on how you looked up the sailing and it can be unclear what causes the different rates to appear.  If you use the "Plan ans Book" search function it will display the sailings with best price.  If you click on one of the rolling promotion headers at the top of the home page it will show resulting prices for that promotion/rate.  It also make a difference if you are logged into your Voyagers account as it will automatically take off the 5% from the rates if you are logged in.  As cellfree stated it is best to click on the "See All Pricing and Details" tab so you can be sure what promotions/rates you are looking at, the actual cabin booking page doesn't always show this clearly.

I am new to booking with MSC and had the same thing happen with pricing.  I thought I booked the All-in when I booked the Getaway ? Something like that.  I called about it and asked why my booking confirmation did not mention the All-in.  Apparently, I had clicked the wrong tab ( other promo) thinking it was the all- in. Needless to say, it was corrected by the agent canceling and rebooking at slightly higher rate. Unfortunately, the confirmation received didn’t have our 5% discount. I called again, waited appropriately 38 minutes for an agent to pick up, but once he did he corrected it. He stated that once a booking is canceled and rebooked the system automatically kicks out the discount.  So beware if you have a similar situation.