Carnival Pride-Baltimore weather in January.

fred549

Hello,

For anyone who has taken the Pride out of Baltimore, when do you hit good weather cruising in January?  We took our first cruise on the Pride the week of April 14. The temps were in the 70's all week. Although we did hit very rough seas on the first day at sea. A lot of people got sea sick.

We want to go again on the Pride, as soon as we can after hurricane season. That is why were looking at January.

Thank you. 

My recollection in my January and February cruises out of Baltimore is that it's usually reasonably warm by the first full day (so the day after you leave Baltimore). Though I think it was unseasonably warm (like 60 degrees) in Baltimore the last time I left in February, so YMMV. On the way back it tends to get a bit cool on the last full day. 

Not necessarily.  January can be hit or miss.  We cruised out of Baltimore last year and it was freezing the day we left.  You couldn't sit on the open decks until we got to Florida.  Even then it was colder than usual for that time of year.  Thank goodness for the covered pool deck!

As other have said January and February could be hit or miss.  As I recall, 3 of our 9 Pride cruises were in January or February.  One it was very cold, picture below, so much so we did our muster drill inside and it wasn't warm until we woke the second day.  The weather on the other two cruises was fine, by mid afternoon we were out on the deck enjoying our time away from work!  In any case we had a great time on all of them and the cost of the trips was very reasonable. 

1674271582_CarinvalPride2014-01.jpg.f18c0494cf1385bf2c3c10464aae4537.jpg

Hi Fred 

If all you want to do is avoid hurricane season, pick a date late Nov. or early Dec.. The weather will be nice by the time you reach Port Canaveral.

hope this helps

• 2 months later...

I live in Baltimore so to answer your question the weather for January can be anywhere between freezing to around 50s. last year we had a very cold winter and the whole month was 40s and below. I also say it could be freezing one day with snow and the next it could be the high 40s to melt it. but all the years living here its a pretty cold month.

On 5/1/2019 at 7:04 PM, fred549 said:

Hello,

For anyone who has taken the Pride out of Baltimore, when do you hit good weather cruising in January?  We took our first cruise on the Pride the week of April 14. The temps were in the 70's all week. Although we did hit very rough seas on the first day at sea. A lot of people got sea sick.

We want to go again on the Pride, as soon as we can after hurricane season. That is why were looking at January.

Thank you. 

Late on the second day if at all .

On 5/1/2019 at 10:04 PM, fred549 said:

Hello,

For anyone who has taken the Pride out of Baltimore, when do you hit good weather cruising in January? We did this cruise in December, it was about a day and a half before the weather was something I would want to be outside for.   We took our first cruise on the Pride the week of April 14. The temps were in the 70's all week. Although we did hit very rough seas on the first day at sea. A lot of people got sea sick.  We found a storm system in the Bahamas, and rode that all the way up the coast.  Not going to lie.... we have not sailed out of the NE in winter since... it was horrific, and so many people were so violently sick.  It was a miserable three days.  Bring all the things that cure sea sickness.

Thank you.