Bridgetown Night Market

Btank

Hello all... can anyone here share experiences with or recommend the Bridgetown Night Market"?

The RCI Itinerary Fairy decided that our sail away from Barbados on 17th May will be at 10:30pm instead of the previously scheduled 5.  In the email, RCI tells us that we can use the time to enjoy the "premiere event... Bridgetown Night Market and Riddim Route".  Here's the fun part: Google doesn't show an event by this name in Barbados... and the Bajan tourism sites don't list anything for the 17th.  They do show the weekly Cropover Festival the next day - but we'll be well at sea by then.

thx in adv for any input...      --bruce T.

11 hours ago, Btank said:

Hello all... can anyone here share experiences with or recommend the Bridgetown Night Market"?

The RCI Itinerary Fairy decided that our sail away from Barbados on 17th May will be at 10:30pm instead of the previously scheduled 5.  In the email, RCI tells us that we can use the time to enjoy the "premiere event... Bridgetown Night Market and Riddim Route".  Here's the fun part: Google doesn't show an event by this name in Barbados... and the Bajan tourism sites don't list anything for the 17th.  They do show the weekly Cropover Festival the next day - but we'll be well at sea by then.

We must be on the same itinerary, as I received the change from RCC as well.  Hopefully someone can give us more info

On 5/4/2019 at 3:37 AM, Btank said:

A personal point of view only.

Don't be a dumb tourist and venture solo into Bridgetown at night, just seeking a pleasent stroll around a badly lit backstreet market,.  No doubt you will be dressing well, carrying a quality camera, a wallet, cash, credit cards and wearing impressive jewellery.

Think on a song containing the words;   "I don't like cricket, I love it"

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Don't be a dumb tourist and venture solo into Bridgetown at night, just seeking a pleasent stroll around a badly lit backstreet market,.

Hence my research here.  😁  But truthfully, I don't know if it is a badly lit backstreet market... for example, it could be something like Bermuda's Harbor Nights.

--bruce T.

4 hours ago, Btank said:

Hence my research here.  😁  But truthfully, I don't know if it is a badly lit backstreet market... for example, it could be something like Bermuda's Harbor Nights.

--bruce T.

Accepted, but it could also be bright and light like a bus depot at night.

On 5/6/2019 at 3:30 AM, Btank said:

--bruce T.

If you want to have an good Barbados experience, the take cocktails and dinner at Tides.  Or for a great local vibe consider Rico's By The Sea.

They must be mistaken as the only night market of which I’m aware is up and down Spring Garden Highway during Crop Over in August….(!?)

It looks like you’ll be on the island on a Friday, why don’t you consider Oistin’s Fish Fry?

You should be able to hit the early opening about 6pm for an hour and make it back to the ship in plenty of time.

Great fresh seafood, music and just good folk. It’s a ball!

Enjoy and come back in August for Crop Over!

On 5/5/2019 at 7:10 AM, PORT ROYAL said:

Don't be a dumb tourist and venture solo into Bridgetown at night,

just seeking a pleasant stroll around a badly lit backstreet market,.  

No doubt you will be dressing well, carrying a quality camera,

a wallet, cash, credit cards and wearing impressive jewellery. ===> Target!!

LISTEN to the man! ^

I live on this island, and I wouldn't be doing that, OK?

Not in Bridgetown. 

Maybe if it was Oistins, for the usual touristy Friday Nite Fish Fry -yes
but not Bridgetown at night.  Nuff said.