Edge S1 or S2 ? questions

Brookefairway

Location is the difference primary difference.

On the S Class ships the S1s are on the aft corners giving them a balcony that has a side and some aft view.  The cabin is the same size as a S2 but the layout is different and it has a large porthole window in addition to the sliding glass door.  We haven’t stayed in a S1 on a S Class  ship but I have read that there is less storage space .

On M class again with the exception of 2 S1s both categories are the same size and location is the difference.

i doubt that you could have a dresser brought in for 2 reasons; 1.  there isn’t wall space to place a dresser and  2. with the exception of sofa and chairs all furniture is fastened to the wall so it can’t move in rough weather.

You will find a lot of info on this thread - it lays out the difference. S1's and S2's that are port and starboard (on sides of ship) are the same thing, with the layout with bed facing the ocean. There is a slight difference in price because of their location (closer to midship, higher up are S1's). The aft S1's have the larger balcony, but bed doesn't face ocean. Layout is different - if you read post #8 of this thread you will see pictures of both and see what other differences have been found. 🙂

On 5/4/2019 at 11:25 AM, bigbenboys said:

We cruised on the Edge last March in a S1 mid ship cabin 11207. I liked the location of a S1 mid ship as Luminae and the Retreat are forward.

room.jpg

room1.jpgHello i dont know how to reply to a post on this site. I saw u mentioned Luminae being forward.How much movement do you feel while dining? I am extremely sensitive to motion sickness even with Bonine. Will be doing the Med in August for 11 days? Is it difficult to arrange my time dining in the main dining rooms for same day? Do you wait even with a reservation?

room2.jpg

9 hours ago, Brookefairway said:

I myself have only felt seasick 2 times and only a little. So I know the feeling. We did the Western Caribbean cruise on the Edge. I was surprised how calm Luminae and The Retreat areas were for our cruise.